Hi all

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day there. I am from the Berra and have been into the prospecting game for a couple of years with a mate who is also a member on here. We go to the known places nearby but never find much lol. Tuena maybe 5 times, Oallen maybe 8. Have been to Wee Jasper and Graben Gullen and had very small luck hahaha, but we still enjoy it :) I think its more about getting out of town and just a bonus to find rare beauties. We both bought our high bankers from a gentleman who makes them in Sydney and have screwed around with them a lot even to the point of making massive extensions but then figured it wasnt the length of our sluices but the places we were digging lol. Oh well, all part of the fun. Last time we went to Graben Gullen we must have seen 10 Red bellies as we walked back down the river to the bridge, kinda freaky :eek: . Have met some fellow members at Tuena, Oallen and Grabben Gullen and all have been good people. I will admit that Wal and Liz's videos have been a great contribution to our enthusiasm but wouldn't mind getting the same results, even just one time ;) , Thanks and hope to meet more of you. This site is a great vessel of info.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I have some stories i suppose but mostly regarding stupidity lol.

Welcome to the forum Showmtm. Great to see the Canberra connection gaining in momentum, and looks like we may have to organize a "greet and meet" one of these days to put some faces to the growing number of names.

Hope the forum can help with your research and as i always like to say, research is the key to open success. We're fortunate in Canberra to have some great prospecting variety close to our doorstep, and once this local knowledge is tapped the rewards will present themselves.

Best of luck out there in the prospecting paddock and hope luck follows you around.

Cheers Wal.

Thanks Wal, would be great to meet up. I have been hoping to see your face off with the Gold hog guys to see the results but gave in and ordered some mats today lol, Hope its worth it.

Latest posts