Hi all!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sdcnewby

Chris
Reaction score
Hi to all, just like to introduce myself, I'm Chris, live in gippsland area wrk as a chef and can't get enough of ;) ;) ;) detecting.
1 yr ago I thought I needed a hobby to get out of the 4 walls of a kitchen, and some how found myself with a Xterra 705. Now also a sdc 2300. Every spare moment is spent researching, watching videos and living in moments shared by the fantastic people that make up this group. Every 2 days off I get are spent in the field enjoying and learning what the bush has to offer, which is great as previous to detecting, the bush land had no real appeal. So far I haven't had a goldless day, in saying that I'm still trying to break a .5gm find, lol. Towns and areas I've enjoyed are chewton, Castlemaine, dunolly, fryerstown, Maryborough. I know these are all high producing areas, I do try get away from the main scatchings though all the hard to get in spots. Sitting at 3.22gm now total for probably 200hr out I'm probably looking at gaining the knowledge to further my skills. Certainly reading posts here will greatly help with this. If anyone has suggestions of how they improved in there skills, or maybe keen for a tag along as a keen to learn apprentice is ready. Cheers guys, take care out there and maybe bump into to ya one day.

Welcome Sdcnewby, there's so much to read on this forum you won't regret being here. Sdc is a nice machine isn't it ? I borrowed one for a week and found specs almost every day on a trip to Wedderburn and St Arnaud.
Enjoy.

Hi Sdc, i'm new to the site also and would be interested in a tag along sometime.
I'm just setting up my 4x4 atm moment and getting ready so i can camp out of it.
Jobs and growth mfers! :)

Latest posts