Hi all, new guy from the GT, VIC

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi to all, just wanted to introduce myself, im Andy from an area not to far from the GT i have many hobbies nitro rc, dirt bikes, backyard inventor haha, my precious Harley on those country roads but prospecting is my newest and by far the most surprising, when i and i gather others try to comprehend how they dug most of the gold rush areas pretty much by hand is just amazing at least

I'm hoping to upgrade to a 5000 in the next 3 months but at the moment i swing a eureka gold by minelab iv got around 30-40 hours practice with the machine and everyday i believe i am getting better at detecting things, no gold yet though but soon to come.

The areas iv tried so far are Bealiba, Dunolly, Creswick and Blackwood i spent from 8-10 hours detecting in each spot, iv found many things from the old timers like tent clips, pickaxe & axe heads, nails stuck in was was left of what looked like an old rocker box and heaps of other random rusted items but hey as they say practice makes perfect and soon i should see some color

i have my miners right and respect our land, i always refill my holes and sometimes even others holes, i love exploring and i do check out some mine shafts here and there but i respect our history and all our historical sites, also found it quite funny that our first armed rebellion had to come from gold rush days anyway better stop my rambles i am happy to contribute when and where i can hope to see you all out there on the fields

Gday OPM, welcome to the forum ,... it all happens eventually for those who have patience and diligently research, whatever the search may be, sounds like it won't be long until you hold color in the palm of your hand. :)

Hey Andy,

Welcome mate, yes its a great and rewarding pastime. One day the yellow will appear and you will be away.

GT :)

Welcome to PA :)
Myself and a few other members may be having a little group meet sat or sunday near you .
Give me a PM maybe we can meet up with you some were ;)
And we will see if we can get a bit of colour in you hand :D

Latest posts