Heyooooo!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
Longtime visitor, first time poster. . . I'm relatively new to prospecting, I have been panning on and off for a little over a year. I stumbled into the hobby over a debate with my brother about a nearby creek; about ten minutes walk from our house in FNQ. He was adamant that it was gold bearing and I was adamant he was delusional. We went out bought some pans and dug two holes; he found nothing, I found the smallest spec! I lost the debate, but I gained an incredible hobby.
It takes a little longer for me to get to spots now, having recently moved to northern NSW but I still enjoy it. My girlfriend has even taken an interest in it, which is handy as we get through more material :p
Anyway I thought I would introduce myself and let everyone know that I have found this forum to be informative, entertaining and inspirational. I have found the information within topics to be incredibly interesting and I as I imagine many others appreciate the wealth of information shared between members, hopefully when I become a little more experienced I'll be able to converse on topics.
Cheers,
Burden :D

Thanks for the welcome AtomRat.
Too true! The heart still gets going when I see some colour coming through. Surely it's good for our health; if its not I'm willing to risk it hahaa!

Burden,....long time never see(ha),... Welcome to the forefront,...it's better than the background any way. :D

Thanks Jaros, I am absolutely enjoying the hobby! And it's a bonus that she's taken a shine to it . . . Didn't take much though,much the same as myself, as soon as she found her first flake she was instantly interested ? she's only human after all hahaa!

What part of upper nsw by the way are you at mate? coastal or inland?

..i cant help but look at your name and remember a metal lathe I bought with the makers name "Burden"..and I tell you what, ive had nothing but issues with it from day one :lol:

Hope you have the issue and burden of too much gold getting in your pocket! :D

At the moment I'm living just outside of Lismore. I don't know if any of my relatives were fitter and turners or engineers that built lathes but burden isn't all that common of a name so it is possible.
As for that issue of having too much gold I'm pretty sure I'd be able to bear that burden ;)

Your in a great area for lost booty and treasure ;) read into some shipwrecks, pirates and hidden treasures.

I lived at Lennox Heads for 6 months and it brings a tear to my face every time I think of how wonderful it was up there ( apart from the toads and cockroaches )

Bit of a different environment around the Bangalore markets I remember, and I certainly do miss a fresh drink of sugar cane and seeing those banana and massive bamboo towards Mullimbimi :(

I hope I get my girls up there one day..

Lost treasure and booty? Sounds interesting! I steer clear of the markets, except for the gemfest which was awesome, I always spend money on objects I'll never need.
Yep, I've lived in a lot of different places around Australia and I like this area the most. May not be the best for prospecting but the landscape, climate and lifestyle suit me well. It's only a short drive to Ewingar, Tooloom and such places which keep me busy (not so much at the moment, I'll wait till it warms up again). I would like to head up to Torrington as well and prospect for gemstones and I've read that there has been topaz found around Teven I think? I need to purchase a decent mineral identification book or download an app. I've got my name on the list for a Walbanker so I think this spring/summer/autumn will be an exciting/exhausting/fun experience for me :) cannot wait.
I hope you get your girls up here one day as well.
Cheers AtomRat,
Burden

Jaros said:
Welcome to P.A. Burden. Hope you're enjoying the hobby. Nothing beats being out in the bush with your girlfriend!
Jaros :p

Better than a bushy girlfriend I say Jaros!

Welcome Burden.

Latest posts