Hey All!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm Mark from NSW. I have been interested in Prospecting for a while now. I'm in desperate need of a hobby and have decided to finally act.

I'm a software developer, however not the indoors type, so maybe an exception to the rule there. My partner, she is particularly interested in the hobby as well, so I am lucky there.

I'm beginning to build my tool kit of prospecting equipment, so any suggestions are welcome.

G'day Mark welcome to PA what type of kit are you looking to put together, detecting or wet gold (panning and sluicing) unfortunately high bankers are banned in NSW.

G'day Gents.

Thanks for the welcome.

At the moment, not entirely sure. I think I would like a combination of both.

I guess if starting out with wet gold, what is the best pan? Do I need a classifier and do I need different sizes? Those are types of things I'm pondering. I haven't had a good look around the forum so I am sure it's possible it's all been answered before.

Can't beat a garrett super sluice with a classifier in my opinion. I like the metal classifiers as they come in 1/4 and 1/8 inch which covers 99% of the gold in my areas but if there's a possibility of nuggets a turbo pan with a half inch classifier is probably the go.

Latest posts