Help with Six Maps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day

Having a little trouble using six maps.
How can you find out if a area yours searching is private/crown land? Do I need to search the DP numbers to find this information out?
I have searched the DP numbers in google and it seems to only come up with topo maps?
Where am I going wrong or what am i missing? Do I need to take the the information that's showing up to another site to find what i'm looking for?

:awful: Feeling very lost lol :awful:
Cheers in Advance

Im sure there is better way, but if you find a spot that you wa t to investigat, dpi and local council can assist you with the dp number.

You can put the lot number & DP number into here:
https://online.nswlrs.com.au/wps/po...UkbcFabXueEPTeA!!/dz/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/
It can give you the private property name + address or in some cases just the address.
Where it's Crown Land it can give you the Land Manager i.e. LLS, Council, State Water etc. + address for contact.
Keep in mind just because something is marked as Crown Land it doesn't automatically make it freely accessible. In many cases you'll need the Land Managers permission or where it's leased Crown Land the leaseholders permission.
Local Council may give you info on land in their area but not always.
You can also contact NSW Lands & they should give you whether it's private land, Crown Land under lease, Crown Land under management or unmanaged Crown Land. They tend to not give private property or Crown Land under lease details out. To get this you need to buy the info from information broker sites like https://www.saiglobal.com/en-au/pro..._land_and_property_information__lpi_searches/

Minview under Add Layers >> Administrative Boundaries >> Crown Land is good for a starting point on possibly accessible Crown Land:
https://minview.geoscience.nsw.gov.au/#/?l=&lat=148.9143431&lon=-32.6560775&z=6&bm=bm1

Thank you mbasko,

Totally under permissions ect, reason i ask is that the few areas we look around there is a mix of private land and crown land ect but very little dwellings and you could just assume its bush land but just want to know more information about the areas just before you go wondering in.

Hi mbasko,

Sorry for joining the conversation late & for being an absolute newbie, but I found your post when searching about crown land.

Could you elaborate a bit on how "it can give you the Land Manager"? I tried searching for some title references that appear in a map in the forum (search for "1380193804_tuena_diagram_1" - I can't post links) e.g. 2/1138360, 106/753066 and 74/753057. Searching directly provides "Prior title search" results identifying them as crown land, but I can't figure out where in "All Records" or elsewhere to find information about the Land Manager.

Do you know how to find land manager info for these titles, or could you give some examples of titles which include land manager info?

Thanks

mbasko said:
(useful link)
It can give you the private property name + address or in some cases just the address.
Where it's Crown Land it can give you the Land Manager i.e. LLS, Council, State Water etc. + address for contact.

tim said:
Hi mbasko,

Sorry for joining the conversation late & for being an absolute newbie, but I found your post when searching about crown land.

Could you elaborate a bit on how "it can give you the Land Manager"? I tried searching for some title references that appear in a map in the forum (search for "1380193804_tuena_diagram_1" - I can't post links) e.g. 2/1138360, 106/753066 and 74/753057. Searching directly provides "Prior title search" results identifying them as crown land, but I can't figure out where in "All Records" or elsewhere to find information about the Land Manager.

Do you know how to find land manager info for these titles, or could you give some examples of titles which include land manager info?

Thanks

mbasko said:
(useful link)
I probably should have said in some cases it can give you the information - not all.
For Crown Land you will most likely have to contact them where it doesn't come up.
Off hand I can think of at least one area that shows State Water as the land manager but I'm not putting the little known area on here for a number of reasons.

Fair enough, thanks for replying.

mbasko said:
I probably should have said in some cases it can give you the information - not all.
For Crown Land you will most likely have to contact them where it doesn't come up.
Off hand I can think of at least one area that shows State Water as the land manager but I'm not putting the little known area on here for a number of reasons.