Help with choosing a tent - Information & Questions.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey there. Might need to be more specific as to the size of tent and what you'll use it for.

Check out coleman instant up 4 man. Just sold mine to upgrade to the 6 man tho the 4 man has plenty of room.

There was an adventure ridge metal detector from aldi come out a while back that quite a few liked...we'll now they have a tent...on sale today for $70

4 person + extended vestibule for storage...haven't opened it yet but for $70 it's worth a try.

That's all :)

I have bought a few of the Adventure Ridge items. Not the tent though. I have found them to be quality items at a great price. You see similar at other shops at much higher prices. It seems Aldi buy quality items an rebadge them. For example I have an Aldi Smoker. $200. The same model Hark is $350. Looking through my manual guess what it says.... Hark.

1414228264_a2.png

My aldi tent got blown flat, split one rod longitudinally but nothing else. Not bad still being used, duct tape holding the rod.

I purchased 6 director chairs a cuppla years ago and the are fine--nice and strong. All the stuff at Aldi like that seems to be quite strong
Cheers

Just an update....got the tent home...set it up and noticed that a couple of seams where the poles go had started to split.

Back down to Aldi for a full refund....owned it for about an hour :(

well what i mean is i am torn between 2 tents . i thought i had my mind made up on the oztent RV 3 or 4 (probably the rv 4 out of those two )but now i also think the oxley 5 is a good tent also by oztent .
dont suppose anyone has used both to compare them . i think the oxley is fairly new on the scene . i did send an email to oztent to find out if the oxley was an updated jet tent but have not had a reply .
i like the look of the rv but it has a few draw backs the oxley on the other hand not as time tested and a different style of tent but without some of the minor probs of the rv has like packed size and condensation drip inside.
think i will have to sleep on it a while longer and keep reading see if something can sway me one way or the other .

johno

its been repaired and they are not very easy to ship any distance think i will give that one a miss thanks anyway .

johno

No probs at all. That was delivered to you price and I had read was professionally repaired ? Figured with ebay money back guarantee and $900 off new would have been worth a go? If doesn't fit the bill then no harm done either way . Cheers

I had my own camping and outdoors store for 20+ years and sold plenty of tents including Oztent the original 30 sec tent. Oz tents are not small pack to carry unless on a roof rack. If you do go Oztent, please make sure when erecting tent that the side arms are right angles to cross beam otherwise side arms can bend out of shape very easily.
A good alternative to Oztent is the Black Wolf turbo tent which is just as easy to erect, comes in smaller pack and similar in price. All this info is from when I sold shop for years ago. What is highly likely is that rivals will now have copies out there. Check internet for similar tents by Oztrail, Companion/Primus and Outdoor Connection. May also have some out "badged" by one of the 4WD chain stores. Hope this helps.

Latest posts