Help Needed

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As most of you know who have followed some of my post, I did end up purchasing the 4800 I have had luck with it and love it, I use a 14x7 nugget finder coil great set up.

Now I need help I went and bought a Sadie!! now I know most on the forum are not keen on the 4800 but I need to find some information on running my Sadie on my 4800.

I can find all the information how great it is on the 5000 in fine gold, most of you know my 4800 doesn't have fine gold timing.

My set up at the moment is I run in General,enhance,mono, tracking fixed Back panel GB gen,extra,man tune 125, motion slow RX i like it on 11, stabilizer on 8 tracking med.

Is there a preferred setting better then this???? will this work???? on the 4800??? I'm really only trying to find some starting settings that I can put in and work on if anyone has any.

Reason Being:: I don't want my husband to use my Sadie he has a 5000 when we detect together its not done will love its competitive.

Cheers all Margaret

The sadie will work fine on your 4800 with your settings. Fine Gold will get more depth than Enhance but the sensitivity to small shallow gold would be fairly similar. Have seen some nice gold found with the 4500 in Enhance with a 14"x7" coil including some very small ones. You may find that the sadie isn't giving you much over it? The 14"x7" is very sensitive anyway.
http://www.minelab.com/gold-mining/knowledge-base/gpx-timings
The link above explains the GPX timings.
To counter not having Fine Gold you could adjust some settings if the ground allows I.e. try normal, &/or wind the rx gain up a bit - try it at 13-14 & adjust the stabiliser to suit. I found with the 14"x7" coil on my 5000 that rx gain of 14 & stabiliser at 8 was good for a lot of my local areas. Ideally they say to keep the stabiliser within 2-3 of your rx gain but don't be scared to try it a bit lower if it means having some extra gain & still keeping your threshold stable.

mbasko said:
The sadie will work fine on your 4800 with your settings. Fine Gold will get more depth than Enhance but the sensitivity to small shallow gold would be fairly similar. Have seen some nice gold found with the 4500 in Enhance with a 14"x7" coil including some very small ones. You may find that the sadie isn't giving you much over it? The 14"x7" is very sensitive anyway.
http://www.minelab.com/gold-mining/knowledge-base/gpx-timings
The link above explains the GPX timings.
To counter not having Fine Gold you could adjust some settings if the ground allows I.e. try normal, &/or wind the rx gain up a bit - try it at 13-14 & adjust the stabiliser to suit. I found with the 14"x7" coil on my 5000 that rx gain of 14 & stabiliser at 8 was good for a lot of my local areas. Ideally they say to keep the stabiliser within 2-3 of your rx gain but don't be scared to try it a bit lower if it means having some extra gain & still keeping your threshold stable.

Thanks so much I think I might sell sadie to my husband You are right the 14"X7" is a great coil I done some testing this morning against the 5000 with a 16" coil in fine gold.

After many hours I couldn't believe my 4800 on all the tests was nearly as clear as the 5000 one piece of led was 300 deep and been there for 18 months the 5000 wouldn't matter what setting you had would have picked it up my 4800 ended up in enhance, and all FP which I could believe except the RX was on 13 instead of 8

Great to learn

Margaret

Don't be afraid to crank the gain up high and the stabilizer down low in many high mineralized areas....the manual is only there for guidelines and I personally "don't" run most of my settings from the manual. ;) The ground will soon tell you how far you can push the machine.

Latest posts