Hello from Minnesota

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinnesotaAU

Bill Desormier
Reaction score
Not sure how to start this. I was born and raised in rural Michigan and did my first prospecting there. Still have some nice color in a small vial. I moved to Minnesota to take a job with a large Canadian Company and have been here ever since. Most of my area is covered with about 150 feet of overburden and my prospecting is limited to placer deposits and shallow digging. Less than 16 feet. We hit water at that level and there is a solid false bedrock at that level. Not an expert by any means but I do own and use some equipment. Have a gold cube, several manual crushers and lots of pans. I own 42 classifiers of almost every size. I crush a lot of Quartz and occasionaly find small nuggets. My biggest gold/quartz nugget was 6.2 grams. I learn something everyday about prospecting and today watched a video by one of your members, "WalnLiz", and was directed to this forum. I hope to become an active member here and enjoy sharing new ideas.

In 1971, I visited Australia on R&R from Viet Nasty. Spent an enjoyable week visiting your Outback on a program where a person could spend a week with a farmer and get free room and board while doing work for them. Spent evenings at one of your watering holes. Talk about culture shock. Wish I had prospected but had to many other things going. Hope to someday meet some of your members and share experiences.

Bill

Welcome to the forum Bill and hope you got a giggle from some of the vids. :) Great to get an insight to prospecting overseas and look forward to sharing different techniques. If ever you get another chance to visit OZ give me a call and I'm sure we could organize a couple of prospecting trips on the gold and gems. Best of luck and may the gold follow you around...Cheer Wal. :)

Thanx everyone. I've only had a chance to look at a small part of your forum and I like what I see. Hope I can help other newbies and learn something at the same time. Good on ya. Bill

G'day Bill welcome and good to hear from a fellow American . I'm originally from Maryland and have been living here for going on 11 years and am fairly new to this prospecting thing but always willing to learn

Latest posts