Hello from Golden Triangle!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there, thanks for having me! Left the army following many years in the service, have lived in Daylesford before now finding ourselves in Ballarat. Interested in detecting and bought some maps and Minelab Goldmonster 1000! We had a bit of fun finding bottle tops, nails spent cartridges and lead bottle wraps last weekend in the Creswick State Forest lol. Also filling in other peoples holes. Taking it up as a hobby really, wanting to learn how to read the country. If we find any gold thats a bonus!

Welcome Greg , same here mate I grew up in glenlyon then left for the army and have also found my self living in Ballarat with the gold fever and running a monster aswell ?? Good luck

Welcome Greg 4427....Watch out!...that little hobby of yours has a bad habit of turning into an all consuming passion! :8 :lol: hehe...Welcome to the forum mate.

Jmoilz90 said:
Welcome Greg , same here mate I grew up in glenlyon then left for the army and have also found my self living in Ballarat with the gold fever and running a monster aswell ?? Good luck
Thanks mate! Any luck with the monster as yet? Id eventually like to buy a more expensive detector but you gotta start somewhere. Dont wanna outlay all that cash and get nothing. It seems from what Ive read to be a decent beginners one, so well see. I dont think we will be pulling up the big nuggets ha ha.

Ded Driver said:
goodaye Greg & welcome to PA
The GM is a great little machine & can find tiny gold, but its an alcoholic ... as attested by its love of aluminium ring-pulls :playful:
happy hunting & seasons greetings :goldnugget: :pickshovel:
Ha ha yup I think were going to go into the aluminium smelting business! We have to learn how to use it first, but hopefully we can find something. What would you suggest would be the next step on from the monster?

Plenty of luck Greg the monster is a ripper little machine found handfuls of little pickers with it , it is a beginners machine but Ull find a lot experts also highly rate the goldmonster I find my self using the monster primarily over my other machine these days. :pickshovel:

Jmoilz90 said:
Plenty of luck Greg the monster is a ripper little machine found handfuls of little pickers with it , it is a beginners machine but Ull find a lot experts also highly rate the goldmonster I find my self using the monster primarily over my other machine these days. :pickshovel:
Nice :Y: seems to be the one then!

Greg4427 said:
pinfire opals said:
A big thank you for your service to our country Greg, welcome and best of luck. :Y: :trophy:
Hey thanks pinfire! I had the best time, miss it, but wouldnt go back ha ha. Love being retired and kicking back :D
You have certainly earnt retirement Greg. Plenty of research and the nuggs will be easier to locate, from the monster Id go up to the GP 3500 all knobs and switches no digital at all, If funds are no problem then the GPZ 7000. Plenty of choices and options after the monster. Best of luck too you mate. :Y:

G'day Greg and welcome,
We are newbies as well and trying to learn all we can at the moment.
Will be camping at Creswick this weekend to try our luck. Pop in and say G'day if you 're in the area.
1576734499_ultimate_camper.jpg

Cheers

Rob and Kim

rnrphantom said:
G'day Greg and welcome,
We are newbies as well and trying to learn all we can at the moment.
Will be camping at Creswick this weekend to try our luck. Pop in and say G'day if you 're in the area.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/17091/1576734499_ultimate_camper.jpg

Cheers

Rob and Kim

Gday Rob and Kim,

Thanks for your welcome, looks like a great setup there! Were off to a family Christmas lunch in Melbourne on Sunday and Ill be tied up for most of Saturday from 0900 but Ill send you a message if you guys are around :Y: .

Latest posts