Hello fellow prospectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello fellow prospectors my name is Dave but my mates call me Flip. I live in Australia's northwest in a little city called Karratha, I am new to gold prospecting and enjoy getting out most week ends for a scratch, I am running a GPX5000 with the 14" Coiltek mono elite. I've been doing it for about 8 months now and havn't found much, only 8grams to be exact. I look forward to learning more about the game through this forum and welcome any useful tips, cheers.

Welcome Dave. I and my wife love the area between Kununurra and Karratha. Great produce in that area. Didn't try for gold while we travelled that way. Great spot.
Jaros :p

Welcome, I am new myself. Based in WA as well. Mostly coin shooting but saving for a better detector.

Gday Flip, pleased for another member to get on board. I lived in Perth for a few years and managed to get out and see a bit of WA. A mate of mine lived at Nullagine for a few years, I took a pan up one trip and put a few buckets through it at a spot on a river crossing a few km out of town. I got more colour in those few buckets than I usually do in a good weekend sluicing around Hill End or Nundle where I generally go.

Looking forward to your contributions,

Regards

The Peacekeeper

Thanks everyone for the friendly welcome, look forward to contributing what I can about my experiences and maybe ask for help every now and then if I get stuck. Thanks again. :)

Gidday Flip

are you a fisherman as well? I love your area and further North. Gods country.
Welcome bloke.

GT