Hello all!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Repeter

Steve Brims
Reaction score
Thanks for accepting me to the group!
I'm looking forward to Easter as I have a few days off. I'm throwing the dog in the van and we're going bush and i'm going to try my hand at detecting.
I'm heading out to Walhalla to begin with. I've been there twice before once when I was 6 or 7 then again at 35.
The only thing that's noticeably changed since then is my age and my knee. I remember steep valley walls, so I don't think I'll be doing much rock hopping.
While I do still want to spend some time at Walhalla, can anyone recommend somewhere around the area I could try my hand detecting and maybe some panning?
Remembering the bung knee and driving a iload van so no off road. Preferable somewhere with small to medium sized nuggets.......
Thanks for any and all help!

Welcome

This spot is South of Walhalla, But I know a friend who found 6 here not too long ago in the small to medium class.

They're doing a fair bit of burning up this way at the moment, It might make it a bit easier to swing a beep stick around, gives new meaning to hot ground though.

Plenty creeks and gullies too, and it hasn't really been wet enough yet to expect problems with your iload.