hello all from west of bundaberg

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey everyone
my name is adam i am 28. A week ago i just bought my first ever gold detector an ace 350 and a pro pointer and also a turbo pan and with the pan i found my first piece of alluvial gold its so small but it is gold the only thing i have found with my detector is old bottle caps and nails but i will continue to look for that hidden nugget. i am in the process of building a sluice box i have got some plans so it will be trial and error i wouldn't mind looking for a prospecting buddy in my local area the monto region and any tips you can share with me with the ace 350 and building of a sluice box would be greatly appreciated thanks for listening

Welcome to the forum Adam, you already have an impressive arsenal of prospecting gear and the only thing left is to make good use of it. There are many with the same interest up your way and I'm sure many prospecting friends will be made. Look forward to hearing about your adventures and best of luck on the streams.

Cheers Wal, :)

cheers WalnLiz i am going out for a hunt tomorrow will keep you posted on how i do. The streams have been flogged by the floods they are all washed out is this a good thing for detecting ?

It's the best case scenario Adam, the more washed out the creeks ,the better your chances are. Look forward to hearing a report when you get back mate. best of luck.

Cheers Wal.

well i went for a hunt today and all i got was a few 1c and 2c coins lol.. and a heap of bottle tops oh well cant hurt to try again i was up on the bank with the ace walked a little to close the whole bank collapsed and i nearly destroyed the coil on my ace 350 im glad i had my mate with me to help me out of it i wont be doing that again on a good note i cant believe at how good the pro pointer is saves me a Heep of time digging :)

gday ten ounce tone i live in a little town 40 kms north east of monto ive been hitting all the creeks here im on the great dividing range surrounded by state Forrest of cause i don't go in there. There used to be an old gold mine 2 kms from home but all the gold they got were tiny pieces in the rock i don't know what its called im after the little pieces and nuggets ive found gold in my pan but not with the detector yet but i know persistence pays off so lets hope i get some good color soon it would be nice :cool:

Latest posts