Heathcote First Time Out

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Went out for the very first time detecting, I managed to borrow a mates SDC2300. I spent last Saturday walking around the bush in and around Spring Flat rd. What a great machine the 2300 is! It was detecting everything from nails to ring pulls off drink cans to tiny little buttons but no gold. As i mentioned this was my first attempt at detecting and even though i didn't find what i was looking for i still had a great day. Every time the SDC screamed and it did scream quite often, there was hope of finding something. What i did notice was the amount of metal rubbish in and around the area. I am keen to get out again but would like to work in a area that has less rubbish, can any one suggest an area that may suit. I'm not suggesting specific location just a point in the right direction. Good prospecting everyone.

G'day Puma as far as trash free prospecting locations go it's an open ended question imo. The area you were in is a good area for the SDC but trash is everywhere no matter what machine your using. If you moved 50 or 100 metres you might find very little trash. The amount of trash you had to put up with suggests others might have found it difficult and there might be some gold left. Another thing to consider is the trash might have been dumped by locals over many years unfortunately this seems to be the norm close to towns in some places.

Latest posts