Headphones or Earphones suggestions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I have recently tried this and am impressed with the sound.
Just gotta figure out how to not get the light cable caught on everything?
Matt T

i post some time back a photo of my new BT headphones and got shot down in flames as to not having a clue 8.( 8.( 8.(
the post strangely has disappeared :rolleyes: i wish posts would stop disappearing, i do sorta know what i am on about, and would not put it out there if incorrect ;) ;)
these are bluetooth 4.2 aptx and work amasingly for the money spent :cool: :cool:
just be careful of what transmitter you pair to :Y:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/401538062049

1534802848_p1120384.jpg

Well you're going to get shot down in flames again. ]:D
The P47 4.2 headphones DO NOT contain the APTX LOW LATENCY codec!!!!
The P47's operate with the Bluetooth standard APTX & as I've said before with Bluetooth versions 4.1/4.2 & standards such as APTX codec average Bluetooth devices are getting better but still don't have the minimal latency of the APTX LOW LATENCY codec!!!!
There are 2 x different APTX codecs for Bluetooth (Standard APTX ~100ms & APTX LOW LATENCY ~32ms).
Devices with APTX LOW LATENCY will have on the labeling APTX CSR LOW LATENCY. Standard APTX will have APTX CSR - hey whaddya know just like the P47's linked!!

In order for the APTX standard codec to work you must have a transmission source that also supports standard APTX.
In order for the APTX LOW LATENCY codec to work you must have a transmission source that also supports APTX LOW LATENCY.

I asked to get that other thread removed because it went off topic & some comments were going downhill (including mine). You were discussing a standard Bluetooth device on there - which I said are still ok but it was not what the thread was about.

The whole idea of the other thread was to identify headphones/earbuds etc. that did contain the APTX LOW LATENCY codec in order for Equinox 600/800 users to find alternate devices that will pair with their Equinox's built in APTX LOW LATENCY transmission. Without the APTX LOW LATENCY codec devices WILL NOT pair with the Equinox in APTX LOW LATENCY mode. They will just pair in the standard Bluetooth transmission which may be fine for some but again was not what the thread was about. It was about finding APTX LOW LATENCY options for those of us that appreciate having latency in the range of ~32ms rather than ~100ms.
Before having a whinge about "getting shot down in flames" do some reading on Bluetooth standards/codecs like APTX, APTX LL, EDR etc. It may enlighten your future Bluetooth purchases. Then again you may be perfectly happy with the latency in standard Bluetooth devices which is also fine (for some). :Y:

The wins the learning :Y: Mbasko I presume if not APTX LOW LATENCY compatible a delay in signal would / could be there ?
Thanks to both for posting as great to learn ............. always :Y: :)

Okay just re read it ............. latency in the range of ~32ms rather than ~100ms it's all good good ;)

It's not about being king of the castle mate it's about providing the correct information to people which you didn't on my now removed thread. You were off topic & wrong. I never shot you down in flames but merely pointed out the differences & why Equinox owners may be interested in the aptX LL option over standard aptX. Get over it.
Edit: p.s yes I've said on numerous occasions that some people find the standard latency fine but others prefer to have a low latency & can even pick up delay with that. Different hearing :eek:

get this part , it has nothing to do equinox , i dont care about them ;)
it is for my gpx 5000 :)
having tried several setups to get the fastest response/low latency with both audio from the unit and the headset simultaneous ;)
the current setup is barley slower to what comes from the speaker, pinpointing change was not a problem.
in a nut shell it is working for me :cool:

ctxkid said:
Good so next time stay off a thread specifically about the Equinox then :rolleyes:
I've been playing around with wireless set ups for years ctx including different VLF's, SD/GP/GPX series, SDC & GPZ. Works for me to. :Y:

mbasko said:
ctxkid said:
Good so next time stay off a thread specifically about the Equinox then :rolleyes:

lets not get nasty ;)

I've been playing around with wireless set ups for years ctx including different VLF's, SD/GP/GPX series, SDC & GPZ. Works for me to. :Y:

power to you :Y: i've had a dabble myself, this is not a pissing contest 8)

cheers

HippyProspecting said:
Whats 65 milliseconds between friends?
You detectorists are a funny bunch ;)
Actually some people can readily pick up delay within those parameters.
Some professional sound people can go much lower I believe ~6ms.
At the end of the day I care little what people use really. Just putting the info out there for those who may want to know. Each to their own & enough said I think :D

through all this misunderstanding i have learnt quite a bit i`m sure will help me and save a heap of time. thanks fellas :cool:

All I can say is that the way I swing, any delay in the signal causes me issues... Yes, I can slow down, once i have a target and then focus but even then it means I am having to de tune myself...

And as I often water hunt, it means headphone leads = fast I go and do some land and try to use some of the wirless ones and like using a toy detector; 65 mili sec is Life or death...

And lets not talk LAG and real time gaming :)

AngerManagement said:
And as I often water hunt, it means headphone leads = fast I go and do some land and try to use some of the wirless ones and like using a toy detector; 65 mili sec is Life or death...

why life and death 8)

keen to hear :)

AngerManagement said:
All I can say is that the way I swing, any delay in the signal causes me issues... Yes, I can slow down, once i have a target and then focus but even then it means I am having to de tune myself...

And lets not talk LAG and real time gaming :)
I can see 65ms making a difference if you are composing a song for you significant other or as you mention real time gaming but life and death is a bit dramatic ;)

Latest posts