Headphones or Earphones suggestions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies everyone, I guess I will dig out a few old sets of phones and narrow down preferences from there.

TimAu said:
Hey guys,

So been away from the game for a while and looking to return with some new ways of doing things, one of those being headphones.

I have never used headphones but I'm pretty certain I would be far more distracted keeping track of my surroundings wearing headphones than by a bit of wind noise etc. without.

So my questions, do "in ear" style buds let you also hear a bit of surrounding noise while still being better than an external speaker?

Has any one used these http://www.detectorpro.com/rattler.htm and how do they compare against either a speaker or normal headphones?

Thanks.

The Rattlers are just a single speaker version of the Nugget Busters or Grey Ghosts and they are about the best headphones money can buy, they use Milar speakers and they are very tough headphones, They also have a lifetime Guarantee, If you hunt with a Threshold based machine then you will hear the faintest of signals, Detector Pro also make Headphones for Whites (The Whites Pro-Stars) which are the same as the Nugget Busters but have a fixed lead and are black in colour,

hope that helps.

TimAu said:
Thanks RR, probably should have mentioned i'm running a 4500.

Well they will really sharpen up the signals on the 4500, I tested them and they make the slightest waver in the threshold stand out, I also compared them on my VLF and I can hear that waver about another 6 to 10 inches maybe more depending on the EMI compared to using the speaker away from any other background noises,

J.

Try the new SS300,s. They are very good headphones, and there is a new version that allows you to wear a wide brimmed hat.
They really lift small or very weak targets.

if you're like me most in ear styles just fall out! But i recently found some samsung ones - kids shouldn't have left them laying around - that are in ear and i love them! Actually pretty sure they are for using with a phone but work well with the 7000

Has anyone used the gray ghost ultimate? Im about to order online and im not sure between these or the gray ghost NDT. Does the limiter circuit make a difference or better to get one's without this feature such as the nugget busters NDT? Im using a 4500. Thanks in advance

Don't need a limiter as you have one in the 4500. I never really liked the sound quality of the Grey Ghosts, a bit hollow sounding. The Ultimates are meant to have upgraded speakers but I've never used them.

Rockbottom said:
Has anyone used the gray ghost ultimate? Im about to order online and im not sure between these or the gray ghost NDT. Does the limiter circuit make a difference or better to get one's without this feature such as the nugget busters NDT? Im using a 4500. Thanks in advance

The GG's have the limiter and all it does is stop you from having your ears blasted from big loud signals from shallow junk, personally I would buy the GG's because although your 4500 has a limiter built in If you want to use another machine then by using the GG's you have a limiter to add to which ever machine you might use,

Many machines do not have limiters so you might as well go with the GG's and be done with it, As for the speakers of the GG's they are waterproof mylar and as such the signal is sharp, they do not sound like music headphone because they are tuned to give the best response from detectors, and they are built like a tank, Tough As,

J.

Thanks for the comments and info. I might order the GG ultimate, I'm sure they will be an improvement on the koss that came with the detector.

thefitter said:
Hey all, Im going to a steel phase sp01 and want to know whats a good brand of stereo headphones to buy

Speak with Nenad when you order your steel phase spo1 , if he hasn't the suitable product in stock his advice will be excellent .

Cheers
goldrat

If anyone has Mobil phone headphones laying around,go down to Jaycar and buy the 6-5mm adapter Jack for less than $2 and plug it in to your detector,you will be amazed how loud and clear they are,and you know what ,they have a microphone so you can talk to yourself.

Latest posts