Happy Friday from Happy Camper!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to all of you!
I have been peeping over my partners shoulder every time he is on here! There are some really great pics and discussions, so I decided that I would join myself!
To date I'm the only one in our home without a metal detector (Hint, Hint baby if you ready this....), but quite honestly I have a fascination with smashing rocks and can sit there in my own lil world for hours - Bourbon in hand of course as smashing rocks is thirsty business!
I will be looking forward to reading up on everyone's adventures and will surely let you all know if I find anything of interest!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Cheers Happy Camper! :lol:

Hello Happy Camper
Thanks for the welcome reply.
I actually went out rock smashing / detecting / panning yesterday. Possibly the worst days prospecting Ive done. I will have to see if I can dolly / smash up the stone that I collected yesterday & wash it to see if it holds fine gold. Too early for a scotch yet though.

Jethro :)

Jethro,
Rock smashing almost gets considered as stress release these days.... I can sit there and hand crush rocks till it is powdered! hmmm feels so uplifting by about the 6th bourbon though everything tends to look shiny and pretty and I come home with ALL of the collections, half a ute the way over, overloaded with smashed rocks on the way home ...

Yes, know what you mean, I have an awful lot of partly processed barren stone down the shed that needs sorting & getting rid of. I can't even remember where I got most of it. Ive just started to check sort & catalogue the samples I have so that when I get my old rod mill up & running again I can just process the stuff that is worth the effort.

jethro :)

Sometimes makes you wonder if you need more time dedicated to the "specimens" you drag home for later, or a bigger shed to store it all in!! Been lucky enough to find me some Devils Dice... Go figure I look for gold and find a dice given by the devil..... not the first one I found either, maybe I should look into the History behind them... ;) :lol: :)

Latest posts