Half day prospecting at Coles Bridge, Turondale

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all

I managed to get out for half the day to have another crack at prospecting after a few failed attempts.

I first met up with a bloke from sydney who was down for a days prospecting who pointed me in the right direction and we worked together to hunt for some gold around coles bridge, I could not thank him enough for all of his help in which netted me my first gold.

I then walked back around towards the bridge to stumble across AussieChris out prospecting, so i spend 1-2 hours with him learning more much needed info of different methods to looking for gold to better techniques with panning. Mate thank you for all of your help

AussieChris also helped me collect some cons to take home to the family to have a go at panning and for me to get some more practice. Still have a fair way to go to clean all of the cons up but here is a pic so far of what i have collected.

1547893806_gold.jpg

MrPyro89 said:
It's the best feeling ever!

Just wait until you find your first picker in a bedrock crack! ;)

Its a bloody great hobby. The worst days youll head home with a couple of meagre specks, having seen another nice part of our great country, and feeling a bit fitter and a bit saner for your efforts. Other days youll get lucky. And as the old adage goes, the harder you work, the luckier youll get.

TheMediocritist said:
MrPyro89 said:
It's the best feeling ever!

Just wait until you find your first picker in a bedrock crack! ;)

Its a bloody great hobby. The worst days youll head home with a couple of meagre specks, having seen another nice part of our great country, and feeling a bit fitter and a bit saner for your efforts. Other days youll get lucky. And as the old adage goes, the harder you work, the luckier youll get.

I call it a good day when i find something even if its a tiny little spec. All ready planning my next trip!

Latest posts