Gympie has a new inspector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cecc said:
Yobs and Smoky find any color today???
Hey cecc
Found a little bit of color today...but yobs kept stealing my dirt... and gold.....said it was a yobs tax...for digging in his spot.lol :D ...mate im with you.... who do i send an email to. ..expressing my thoughts of the current. ...bullshite...fossicking laws :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

Good mate, yeah he's like that, having said that, he has been very gracious to me more than once. I will find it for you tomorrow if that's ok smoky, bit tired now, neck is giving me curry, but will get it to you ok.

Hope we can meet up for a dig soon....have a yarn and a giggle....no shortage of that with Yobsy around. lol :)

All good mate..just joking about yobs...he was a welth of information..look forward to meeting you.... :D

Oi oi oi im a knuckle dragging tattooed red neck drunk whom would rather chew his own arm off before shaking yours...i have the face of a smashed crab and aint affraid to use it.
Just because i like hot dogs dont mean im trust worthy...lol

raizo said:
Again, you are quoting the words of an inspector who has interpreted the act. It's his interpretation, not the act or a regulation to enforce the act.

In Aviation, when we comply with regulations, we normally say thinks like, "In compliance with Part 121, Section 3, Para 2.a of the Civil Aeronautics Act, the use of blah is permitted because of blah...

Show me where in the act or a written regulation where Rossco extracted those words from. I have been complying with International and State (I've worked in 4 countries) regulations my entire career.

Paul
This is the inspectors job...he is not interpreting. ..the act..he knows the act...so what he is saying...is...the use of water pumps in qld...is prohibited....come on guys ....its not rocket science :D

yobskin said:
Oi oi oi im a knuckle dragging tattooed red neck drunk whom would rather chew his own arm off before shaking yours...i have the face of a smashed crab and aint affraid to use it.
Just because i like hot dogs dont mean im trust worthy...lol

As far as I'm concerned mate, your true blue, dinky di, and a bloody good bloke.

Smoky bandit said:
All good mate..just joking about yobs...he was a welth of information..look forward to meeting you.... :D

I know you were, yes he's a bonza bloke at that.!! :)

Yobs, Len and Paul and Smoky,

As stated several times already, I am all in favour of getting the fossicking law changed...specifically to get more accessible fossicking areas that we can all get to and to get a specific provision and change in the act to allow...electric or petrol powered pumps in appliances like rockers, banjos and highbankers (and any other similar thing I am probably not aware of).

I think to get the law changed...there might be a way that is more effective than just writing to the minister and having a whinge. I think there actually might be a part of the Act and Regs that could allow a change...but I need to do a bit of research before I know for sure.

I am more than happy to have a go at defining an approach and sending it to all you guys to have a look at. and consider and you can take it...or parts of it or none of it. You can even share it with others on this forum...but I would ask to keep any work I do off facebook at least for the moment

All I am asking is a fair consideration and for you guys to commit to having a look at what I do ....because there's a bit of work in this and I don't mind the hard work.

What I don't want to do is put in the effort if you are all gonna tell me to F*** off.

Len my approach will address your idea of setting up a lobby group but it would also go beyond that.

So the offer is to prepare and send you guys a submission about an approach to get the Fossicking law changed.

I am not going to run through my credentials other than to say I have a wealth of relevant experience and as I cant do any fossicking for a couple of months, I could work on this at nights while I am away in Toowoomba

Are you interested of should I just let it go?

Mike

Ok guys, this is really simple! other states have 'chosen' to interpret their regulations (that are basically the same) to allow the use of pumps .Its not that other prospectors are 'getting away with it.
At the moment there are only a few people in Qld using pumps, and so far they have not caused too much problem so the inspectors have left things alone.
As soon as some Di*&kw"d makes too much of a mess, it will go to court, and the bloke who eventually dictates exactly what the regs mean will be as barrister who earns more in a day than we all get in a month! and, you can argue amongst yourselves what the regs mean, but that interpretation will be whatever Qld DPM chooses! If you want to use pumps in Qld you (we) have to get together and lobby the government to chose to allow us.

Yes Mike, I am open to anything that can help us, thanks for putting in the effort.

Latest posts