Gumtree

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metamorphic said:
Thats why we call it 'Bumtree' dude.

Savy internet buyers and sellers wont go near it!

haha, Gumtree's actually pretty good for picking up a bargain. If you get in quick enough, some sellers have no idea what their items are worth and/or are desperate and will take a ridiculous offer.

Bacchus said:
Gday Kemjack

Playing devils advocate mate and certainly no offence intended , did your correspondence include an off the bat offer on the item which was the first insult ? Gumtree seems to bring out some strange people and offers to match , about a year ago we sold our caravan for $37000 we had numerous offers ranging from $10 k to $20 with the added text " take it or leave it mate " seems like there are some people who see an ad and think that it is an invitation to reply for the hell of it without reason. ( generalisation and not saying this is the case with yourself ) :)
No mate, I just sent the generic GT reply to say that I was interested in the car. I even included my mobile number to show I wasn't scamming. Cheers

Metamorphic said:
Thats why we call it 'Bumtree' dude.

Savy internet buyers and sellers wont go near it!
I can see that but I sent another bloke a message about his vehicle and got the right reply. Civil :) I'll go and have a look at his.

rocketaroo said:
kemjak57 said:
AtomRat said:
Nice lol, sure you don't already know Tim?.. :/
I don't cope with being told that little phrase especially by a coward that does it anonymously. I will be gentle at first until I find out what his problem is.

Why do we get so upset over words? Just laugh it off :)
I am at that point now mate, so all good. :)

Sounds like you just got a bit of an oddball with a bad attitude , good luck with your car hunt mate and hope the right car pops up soon :)

Cheers

Ha, ha got to love Gumtree sometimes!

I had some brand new rims to sell once for $300 the lot (individually they were worth a lot more) I had one guy email me and say "$100 final offer if you want it gone" I told him I wasn't that desperate and I was more than happy to sit on them. He kept emailing me telling me I'm stupid and that I'd never sell them. His problem because two days later I had a gentleman who bent over backwards just to pick them up for the straight $300 no haggling or anything! :D

Latest posts