Gumtree

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kemjak57 said:
Strangest thing just happened to me on Gumtree. I replied to ad ad for a car for sale that was posted on Friday. The reply...... Hi Rick GET F#$@ed, Love Tim. The good thing about it is that the ad was posted in my small suburb so we WILL meet one day. :D
Make sure when you serve it back up to him mate it's icy cold ;)

Very interesting.
So who's tim.
I'm guessing someone that may know you.

Gday Kemjack

Playing devils advocate mate and certainly no offence intended , did your correspondence include an off the bat offer on the item which was the first insult ? Gumtree seems to bring out some strange people and offers to match , about a year ago we sold our caravan for $37000 we had numerous offers ranging from $10 k to $20 with the added text " take it or leave it mate " seems like there are some people who see an ad and think that it is an invitation to reply for the hell of it without reason. ( generalisation and not saying this is the case with yourself ) :)

numpty said:
send him one back.... hi tim its rick, ok I will then, send ya wife around

You're a wicked man, numpty! :lol:

I'm wondering if the 'seller' is the victim of a prank, with one of his mates advertising the 'seller's' car as a joke. So now the 'seller' thinks anybody responding to the advert is in on the joke and having a lend of him.

Hey, kj57 - was the price an absolute bargain or the car's description unusual, or something like that?

Latest posts