GT Trip week starting 13th July

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its still one more find than me with a detector rockerfella, well done! I've seen the 2300 pickup a 1.5mm ball of gold, its certainly sensitive in those first few inches. Keep collecting them mate, its a nice first piece of reef gold to own :)

That's definitely the case i reckon Chewy. Until you get that first one under your belt you can't help but think you're doing something wrong and start doubting where you're detecting even has gold. After that you start building up a memory bank of the type of areas you start picking nugs up from and it does become easier to identify spots that might have a nugget hiding. The trick then is to get the coil over them before somebody else does :lol: :lol:

1437207971_img_3276.jpg

Went out for two/three hours yesterday mate, but i wasn't really fired up, i shouldn't have gone out. Anyway, i only got two small specs from that surfaced area so it's been hit pretty hard i reckon. I will try it again when i'm in a more positive mood though because i reckon it has potential. I went out today to where i took you first off the other day and got these, not big but i was on fire, i reckon i was pinging them before the coil even got over them :lol: :lol: Just shows ya, i went out today fired up and determined not to stuff around like yesterday and bingo. :lol:

Hi Trevor
What can I say, you have a bloody good ear with that 2300. Well done mate.
For highway1 and vicgoldhunter1. Photo below came out of that rock we looked at after crushing
Makes the tally 2 for the trip. Absolutely wrapped!! Thanks to Trevor
1437268506_image.jpg

1437268529_image.jpg

Good luck to you all out there hunting yella
Cheers
Mark

Hey Mark, glad you got something out of that rock, cool. I picked up another two bigger bits yesterday that were also giving off a signal. One piece was about fist sized and similar to the one from our day together, the other is a lump of quartz about half the size of an aussie football. I may have to send all my pices up to you for crushing and panning, i'm getting quite a collection here now :lol: :lol:

No worries scrounger . It's good fun breaking up the rocks on a cold and miserable Canberra night.
Let me know if you are seRious and I can message you and organise Startrack to pick them up on my account.
It would be interesting to see what comes out
Cheers mate
Mark

1437291093_img_3281.jpg

It'd cost more than the gold in them i reckon Mark :lol: How about i keep collecting them and next time you're down this way again i'll give them to you to crush and we'll go 50/50 in any gold recovered?

Sounds like a plan Trevor, only two happy to crush and Pan them. By the way, I would have given you all of the yella back. You found it. :) :)
If curiosity gets the better of you, work pays the freight bill :)
All the best mate
Mark

No mate, more than happy to split the spoils, it's the thrill of the chase and getting the gold that gets me out there, not what it's worth. If i weaken and can't wait till you get back down i'll take you up on the freighting it up :lol: :lol:

Latest posts