GT Trip week starting 13th July

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I am heading down, at this stage, to the GT around the 13th , for my first time in the area detecting. I am planning on renting and trying out an SDC2300 for a few days. Probably start around the Maryborough area and head to the Whipstick as Wal told me its as good a place to start as any, not being a Local and really knowing the area any advise would be grateful. I have been excited and really looking forward to getting down there finally. If anyone is out and about in the general area and would like some company detecting ( will have 4 Wheel drive with me ) it would be great to catch up and tag along. Not an experienced detectorist , My go is Alluvial, highbanking around the Canberra and Southern NSW area, apart from 10 days in WA detecting which was brilliant.
Cheers all
Mark

Hi DWT,
Thanks mate, can't wait. I'm like a kid in a lolly shop. Thinking at this stage a day around Martborough on the Monday 13th then in Bendigo Tuesday & Wednesday. It would be great to catch up if you are out and about. I follow your posts, really informative and helpful.
Thanks mate
Mark

Gday Rocker,,,,
From Canberra also.....
I spent 6 mths down that area last winter....
Was my first trip detecting and loved every minute of it.
Waanyarra is a good place to camp,,, water and toilets there.
Diggings for miles in all directions and a great place for the sdc

Hi Brutus,
Lucky bugger having 6 months in the GT. Thanks for the Heads up on Waanyarra, All these little things help when you have not been to an area.
Will post pics if I get anything.
All the best
Mark

That it does Rocker,,,,
I went down blind,,, a few maps my gear and a tent.
Its only 5 mins from Dunolly if need anything at shops.
The john Tully maps of the area your going to are a must if don't know the areas.

rockerfella said:
Hi DWT,
Thanks mate, can't wait. I'm like a kid in a lolly shop. Thinking at this stage a day around Martborough on the Monday 13th then in Bendigo Tuesday & Wednesday. It would be great to catch up if you are out and about. I follow your posts, really informative and helpful.
Thanks mate
Mark
Tuesday & Wednesday will be out for me mate sorry :(

Gidday Mark, are you staying in Maryborough on the 13th? If so, and you're struggling finding some yella, i may be able to get out around lunchtime for the arvo and show you around Amherst where we should find some, it's only 15-20 mins southwest Maryborough, so close by.

Hi scrounger,
Thanks mate, I was going to spend the whole day in the Maryborough general area, it would be great to catch up any time suits you on the 13th. I am happy to meet up with you anytime or place. I am very flexable.
All the best
Mark

I will be in Bendigo for the next few weeks during the week getting some treatment done and will be in the bush every chance i get.

Let me know if you want to catch up

Cheers,
Jason

Hi Jason,
Hope all goes well with the treatment mate. Will be in Maryborough on the 13th and will try and meet up with scrounger if he is free and on to the Whipstick area on 14 & 15th and hope to catch up with highway1 on the 15th. That's the general plan. I have been doing truck loads of research and have a few places in mind, although that can change when you actually get on the ground and see the lie of the land. Maps can only help so much. Oh well, that part of the fun I suppose.
I will keep posting in this thread as I go along and it would be great to catch up if you are up to it.
Cheers mate
Mark

Cheers Mark,

I will be staying their from Monday night my mobile is xxxxxxxxxx can't PM yet.

Jason.

Edit: no personal tel no's on open forum--plse read rules. Email till able to pm.
JAROS :p

Hey rockerfella. Will send you a pm regards meet up location on the 13th, tomorrow.

Latest posts