Greetings from Another continent !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been visiting this forum for a while but as a guest , now I joined in and wanted to participate. I am not an Aussie but I like the Aussies accent :)

Living in another continent in Africa. Fossicking as you call it in the Aussies land has a long history in Sudan where I reside. Gold mining started in the Sunny lands of Sudan , dates back to 6,000 years ago ! As a recent archeological discoveries has confirmed. Local folks here know Australia as a big producer of fine type of wheat ! and excellent MD equipments ! Minelab is taking with pride by the local MD in Sudan.

I 've been fossiking and MD for gold for several years, but I consider myself as just a learner and hobbyist :p

I own a Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Pack , but main outings is after hard rock Yella specimens :D

Built a small trommel and a number of sluices. Working on building gold equips as I can.

Loved the forums with it's friendly atmosphere, seems here there are many knowledgeable and helpful members .

Finding the decisive yellow metal is a fever which has no cure ! ;)

G'Day Mate,
Yep, You blokes have been digging for years over there.
We have been digging for about 200 years and still learning. LOL
I understand that the Sudanese mines are still producing gold after 2000 years.
At least we have some hope. :lol:

Thank you for the warm welcome !

To add to that history we've been using ancient simple tools, just a pick and a shovel with a metal pan out of a kitchen bowl, just like our ancestors !

But small miners here are learning to use "modern" prospecting gears such as Jaw crushers , mill plants and sluicing and drywashers. Also trommels and shaker tables were introduced in recent years.

Yes, cause of the ineffective mining practices being used, there is still more gold in them thar hills ! LOL

We also hope there is still much hope hidden these deserts , LOL

So the old saying,
"Selling sand to the Arab's" does ring true then mate. LOL
Welcome to the forum and please keep us updated on what you people are doing over there.
It will be interesting...

I also read somewhere that the area that produced the gold for the famous King's Tutankhamen shroud is still to this day giving rewards.
I do not know how they worked out where it came from, Probably from silver content but fascinating never the less.

Gday Geo2 and welcome in amongst us Aussies,... lots and lots of vital information on here that will be of great interest to you, as no matter what continent you are on,... Gold is still golden.

Tathradj said:
I also read somewhere that the area that produced the gold for the famous King's Tutankhamen shroud is still to this day giving rewards.
I do not know how they worked out where it came from, Probably from silver content but fascinating never the less.

True ! in fact most of the gold the ancient Egyptians basked in came from the former Nubian Kingdom now part of Sudan.
You can see the masks and other artifacts of the Pharaohs in famous museums , those shiny works are made out of Sudanese gold.
The ancient Nubians were very crafty people especially in metal works, their Capital at the time known as "Merowe" was once named Birmingham of Africa ! They mined Iron and made alloys along side Gold and Silver and other gemstones , still today most of the Gold and other precious minerals are found near their old cities .

Yes, it is beautiful indeed !

Gday silver and thanks for the welcome, I am sure I can learn something new, whenever I visit this forum !

Latest posts