Big reason why we cannot fossick in Kiandra or any National Park.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any way Tath , Im outa this thread .. great thread but I cant handle the frustration and anger trying to deal with what these politicians are doing to our country , and also the gullible people they have fooled along the way . I guess its apathy amongst the general population , which im guilty off , but What the hell can we do about it ?
The lucky country indeed :(

I remember reading about a part of Australian history where the government of the day thought they could fleece the population dry and do what they want without any form of consultation with the public......now what what is called?.....hmmm.....oh that's it, It ended in the Eureka Stockade. How little our modern days governments learn from the history of the past. They think they are clever and hiding behind laws they have made and political jargon when all they are doing is getting the population more irate!
I agree Gaz that there is Apathy nowadays and it may come back to the old aussie saying "she'll be right mate". Sooner or later someone will do a Peter Lalor and say enough is enough!

Rant over :D

GaryO said:
MrCornford said:
Are you suggesting climate change and global warming are not real? Seriously?

Are you ?

I'm a believer that climate change is real (that's historically true as mentioned earlier) and global warming (through pollution in our atmosphere especially) is a serious issue. But honestly, I'd really rather not have an online argument over scientific facts from the overwhelming majority of the scientific community - I'm here for a hobby that I enjoy.

Believe what you want. But for me, I'll likely be on this planet long enough to see if the world does indeed go to shit. I would just rather it didn't.

Wishing a nice day/evening to all

Its strange how people are willing to blindly believe people with clipboards who's scientific papers are funded by people with their own political agendas.

Case in point when I was in Cairns through a chance encounter I was speaking to a ship captain with over 40 years experience about the fishing industry and the recent contraversy over the super trawlers. He has done surveys of fish stock for all the major scientific bodies. He has been doing this consistently for years and he goes out to sea for 8 months at a time without seeing home. He does trips to the bases in Antartica and works directly with the scientists. He advised these scientific bodies that fish stocks are actually increasing and on one occasion provided a graph to them with the trend showing fish stocks going up. They published their own graph with the trend going down. When he questioned them on this he was advised by the scientists that the politicians told them they had to publish the revised graph as the public wouldn't believe the real graph.

In todays politically correct world you have to question everything and talk to the people who actually work at the coal face to get a real answer on these issues.

So..... why can't we fossick in Kandra?

Or is this thread about climate change? I'm confused.

Sorry for reviving a necro post, but Kiandra sounds fascinating and I've heard so many folks over the years talk about gold history there.

What's the low-down on can/cannot there?

Baz.

thedigger said:
You are spot on,it is a big con,money for the UN

Here is the prove,they admit it.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/objective-behind-climate-change-economic-not-climatic/

I remember back in the sixties,when I used to go sking,we could never start till the second week in July,that is when we knew that we would have snow.
The last season season it started in late June,well if the globe is getting warmer the season should be starting later.
Down here in Vic,we have just had the coolest summer I can remember,and I am not the only person that have commented on this.
If you tell a lie big enough long enough,people will believe it.

Read Ian Plimers books he lays the facts out.

Regards Frank
The start of the snow season has been 8th to 10th June all my life (Queens Birthday weekend) - I used to ski up to a dozen weekends per year, so didn't miss the start. However it is GLOBAL warming that is being discussed (CLIMATE), not the local WEATHER in the Victorian Alps. There is no serious debate about whether or not the warming is occurring, or that carbon dioxide is increasing, or that sea levels are rising, or that Arctic sea ice is melting, or that carbon dioxide in the atmosphere suddenly accelerated from the start of the industrial revolution - we can measure these things. The debate (of the few remaining sceptics) is whether the carbon dioxide and the warming are linked - that the first causes the second - and therefore whether humans are causing it and whether it is anomalously rapid as a result. The globe has been warming since the last glacial period, and the 4 km thick ice sheets of Europe melted enough 12,000 years ago for the humans to first venture there from equatorial regions (and fully populate it 9,000 years ago). Any debate is not whether the globe is warming, but whether the rate is more rapid than in the past, and if so, whether it is human-induced.

But it does seem off-topic (should be a separate thread).

Heatho said:
Greenland was not named Greenland for nothing, had thriving medieval settlements until the Little Ice Age froze it over. The Medieval Warm Period went from about 950 to about 1250 before the The Little Ice Age kicked in from about 1300 to about the 1800's so yes we are still coming out of a small Ice Age.

Climate change was concocted to keep us terrified and controlled and be accepting of any plan to combat it.......... It's been 15 years since they started this nonsense, sea levels should have already risen quite substantially but have not really.

I think pollution is a much greater issue and they don't seem to care about that, plastics are one of the greater issues and are infesting every part of the planet, if the powers were serious they would ban the stuff tomorrow, plastic won't get you quivering in your boots though. There are 1000's of kilometres of ocean floor covered in the stuff but no-one in power cares because it is something we can stop and not a terrifying boogeyman we can't see.
Sea level rise graph over mpre than 20 years:
1563711386_aviso-sea-level-rise.jpg

One needs to separate facts that we can measure, from theory and predictions - even if the theory is wrong, the fact is that things are warming, sea level is rising etc..

I agree though that the total emphasis on climate change has resulted in a tendency to blame every problem on it, and also ignore other major problems that we can do something about.

The 97% of Scientists that believe Human caused Global warming is fact is not 97% of all Scientists.
Its 97% of IPCC UN Scientists, and thats their employment, if man made Global warming is a failed
theory there all out of $350,000 USD per year salary packages.

Where is the List of so called Scientists willing to put their reputations to the public?

AlGore would not be flying around the globe emitting way more CO2 emissions than any other human and living in a sea side mansion if the planet where doomed
now would he?

What i find hard to understand is that the vast majority of climate change alarmists are Pro Population growth?
Here in Australia our emissions per person p.a. are in decline yet our population is growing at unsustainable levels.
So we get a 20% cut in emissions per year but grow our population and not achieve anything at all?

In my opinion the global population will run out of food and resources before the atmosphere destroys the climate. :bomb:

I got told a story around 20 years ago about the Snowy Mountains and an American Tourist.
Somewhere between Adaminaby & Kiandra a Californian prospector made a good discovery of
alluvial gold, he showed it to a passing Aussie Tourist, who mentioned it to others.

Word spread like wildfire and the NSW National Parks service heard and launched a full scale man hunt.
It was like a USA Army mission hunting down a convicted criminal. From what i heard he had moved on
by then. Perhaps he was unaware of the prohibition of prospecting in the National Park.

I doubt any amount of lobbying will ever result in Kiandra District been allowed to be prospected.

Swinging & digging said:
In my opinion the global population will run out of food and resources before the atmosphere destroys the climate. :bomb:

Nah the resources wont ever run out. We just wont be getting any.

Sandbagger said:
So..... why can't we fossick in Kandra?

Or is this thread about climate change? I'm confused.

Sorry for reviving a necro post, but Kiandra sounds fascinating and I've heard so many folks over the years talk about gold history there.

What's the low-down on can/cannot there?

Baz.
Generally you cannot use a metal detector or fossick/prospect in any NSW National Parks (including Nature Reserves, State Conservation Areas, Karst Conservation Reserves, Historic Sites etc.) at all.

You can apply to fossick in NSW National Parks where a Plan of Management doesn't exist or fossicking isn't mentioned as an unallowable activity. Good luck with that!

There are only 2 areas in NSW National Parks that currently have fossicking as a permitted activity - Torrington SCA & Abercrombie Karst Reserve (specified area for panning only).

Latest posts