Greetings from a newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I moved to Australia from Cape Town, South Africa just over 3 years ago. Before making the move I worked as a Field Ranger for South African National Parks, after which I managed troops of baboons on Table Mountain. I have always loved the outdoors and adventure, so naturally I was drawn to the idea of prospecting. I had a work friend take me out for a bit of a scratch, found old bullets and a few bits of scrap, It was hot and sweaty work but man did i enjoy it!!! So I saved up and I finally got myself a machine. After much research and going to multiple shops asking for advice I got a GPX 4500.

My in-laws live out Wangaratta way and my work mate lives in the Creswick area, so those will be my starting/learning areas. I have been enjoying the research and learning the history of areas and places.

I look forward to meeting new and interesting people and seeing more of this beautiful country.

Kind Regards
Nazman

hi and welcome mate
1517104218_43.jpg

G'day Nazman welcome to PA plenty of interesting people here to help you enjoy the outdoors fun :Y:. Get your post count up to 10 and then the members section will reveal itself for you to see the organised meet up's. Haven't used a 45 but plenty do and do well, some better than others as to be expected. What area are you based you might like to join a local club also worth joining the PMAV (Prospectors and Miner's Association of Victoria).

Thanks for the welcome guys, much appreciated.

Hi RM Outback, I'm currently based in Melbourne. Great advice, I'll definitively look for a club to join as well as join the PMAV. :Y:

Latest posts