Green As to Prospecting &Fossicking + about all different Gems

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well am very green as when comes to this Prospecting & fossicking and to know about all different Gems

Got hook on the Opal outback hunters and Australia gold miners shows now also watch other gems shows too now

My first trip was last year to Opalton for look more tourism trip than a Prospecting trip do have appreciation For the miners out there in what they do and the conditions they have to work in (Myself have worked in some hot places in Australia like the Pilbara region of Western Australia for ten years & central Queensland for another ten )

Am looking at joining one of the Lapidary clubs in Brisbane bayside in now live full time so can learn the Basics in Gem cutting /polishing & other methods do with gems from uncut stones

Getting too the age where what wanted to do in retirement besides fishing ? so doing Prospecting &Fossicking gem cutting/ polishing be something elses to do give me places to visit as tour around Australia in years to come get collection going

I can see is lot of different information here on this forum so bit of reading material ahead of me

Mitch

Latest posts