where are some good gemstone/mineral fossiking spots near Montmorency Vic?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I’m ben. I’m ten years old and quite new to fossicking (I’ve only found one gem\mineral, a beautiful Smokey citrine) and the only good fossicking place near me is fifty-ish minutes away, so not a regular thing for now. I was wondering if you guys could help me? here's some picturesIMG_3301.jpg of my Smokey:IMG_3302.jpg

Hi Ben. I’ve attached a chart out of an old copy of the Victorian prospectors guide. It show the localities of gemstone finds in Victoria.
Two other steps would be required
1. A miners right ($26 for 10 years)
2. Identify legal fossicking sites. Check Earth resources Vic website for information on that.
IMG_1737.jpegIMG_1735.jpeg

Hi Ben. I’ve attached a chart out of an old copy of the Victorian prospectors guide. It show the localities of gemstone finds in Victoria.
Two other steps would be required
1. A miners right ($26 for 10 years)
2. Identify legal fossicking sites. Check Earth resources Vic website for information on that.

Thanks, hawkbear. I actually already have a miners right, but the charts are very useful. there aren't many legal spots near me though 😒. thanks for the help!😄

Latest posts