Granns Home Remedies

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bogger said:
Sacredsite said:
Best cold sore remedy is as soon as you feel it, put ice on it for 15 mins.
Just use an ice cube and replace when it melts.
It will work at any stage of the cycle.

Would that be herpes one or two or does it work on both ? The mind boggles :rolleyes:

If it boggles your mind then you may need professional help.

limpalot said:
For cold sores, some ear wax on the offender. Cheap and a personal touch.

I need some clarification here, is that your own ear wax or can you farm it out. ?

Cradle cap on a baby, - get a handful of Rosemary, tie it up in a little bunch, bruise the whole lot and pour boiling water over it and let is sit till cold. Remove the bunch and pour the liquid into container, use this on bub each night as a shampoo. Clears up the crustys in a day or two and baby smells like roast lamb.

Real dirty hands at the end of the day wash hands with handful of table salt and water.
Oil based paint on hands don't use turps just olive oil on a rag.

Wishfull said:
WD40 greasy hands works well and smells good and blokey.

True , they could make mens aftershave scented with WD40... or P juice..

Aerostart works better for heavy ingrained black grease , just dont light a match for a while..

Powdered laundry detergent is 8/10 if you have nothing else but not great for your skin.

Stuff it though , I just buy 20 kg drums of citrus based hand cleaner and be done with it.

Yes WD40 aftershave and spray a bit under the armpits.
My Mum used to give me stuff called "The Mixture" she got from the chemist whenever I had a cold. Looked like muddy water and tasted like the same mixed with turpentine.

Diesel makes your hair feel all nice and soft, stinks like hell though. :)

I was pressure testing a 2 inch diesel suction line one day and the dresser coupling slid off at about 200kpa, the diesel left in the pipe just atomised and was hanging around the site in a thick cloud covering everything including me, was covered in the stuff, that's how I found out about making your hair feel nice. I probably stank of it for days though. :(

Heatho said:
Diesel makes your hair feel all nice and soft, stinks like hell though. :)

I was pressure testing a 2 inch diesel suction line one day and the dresser coupling slid off at about 200kpa, the diesel left in the pipe just atomised and was hanging around the site in a thick cloud covering everything including me, was covered in the stuff, that's how I found out about making your hair feel nice. I probably stank of it for days though. :(
Back to the old days of using hair oil, but from an automatic dispenser.

Rob P

Blister, needle and thread, feed thru one side of blister and out the other, thread soaked up all the moisture.

Chicken soup, don't know that it cured anything but I enjoyed it anyway.

Latest posts