Grandma's gold find....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great story - took up detecting at 73, finds 0.5kg nugget at 81 & now selling it at 83 years of age.
Sounds like a lively, hard working lady. Good luck to her. I hope I'm that spritely at that age but I doubt it - body parts failing me now :lol:

What are they advertising? Found it using her eyes - no detector company involved. Maybe she will come out & say she has only ever used OPSM glasses? Maybe the Kalgoorlie Tourist corporation is trying to start a rush just prior to the traditional rush of Eastern staters heading west anyway? States in the story "Anne Borg, of Maldon near Bendigo, unearthed the 586.5g nugget just outside Kalgoorlie on her81st birthday in 2013" Nobody is trying to suggest its recent other than forum sceptics that don't bother reading the detail. Doesn't say anything about Minelab or the GPX 7000 (sic) like the other forum poster is trying to allude to :rolleyes:
Really can't win with the timing of a big nugget news story. Always something coming up - xmas, Easter, long weekends, festivals etc. etc.

I think it would take me a couple of years to get over the shock of finding something that big.

Mind you, I think all you guys would know as soon as I was back in Internet range. The location.....well you all might need to wait until I had hit it with a GPZ, GPX, SDC, 705, FT1600, ALDI.........and whatever other machine I could get my hands on.

Happy dreams tonight :p :lol: :p

Latest posts