Watch out for 'black nuggets'!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's the main reason I try to remember to wear a left glove. I keep my right hand bare to operate the detector but I use my gloved left hand to turn rocks, move grass and sort the wheat from the chaff. We had a big scorpion in the sieve once in Queensland when looking for gemstones and I've seen enough spiders, centipedes and snakes to keep me aware of the potential danger we face each day.

That's the main reason I try to remember to wear a left glove. I keep my right hand bare to operate the detector but I use my gloved left hand to turn rocks, move grass and sort the wheat from the chaff. We had a big scorpion in the sieve once in Queensland when looking for gemstones and I've seen enough spiders, centipedes and snakes to keep me aware of the potential danger we face each day.
I find fingerless gloves the best for both hands. The ones that have some flexible padding on the palms. Some have little tabs at the ends to make it easier to pull them off. You can use iPhones with these and don’t have to take off a glove.
But after several days of detecting your bare hands have a funny half clean and half dirty look :)

If you ever wonder how many spiders are out in the bush, wear a headlamp and go for a walk at night. The thousands and thousands of little blue sparkling reflections you’ll see, are eyes. Spider eyes.

Got these from big green shed ($7.00ish) and cut the tips off the relevant fingers…

Attachments

• IMG_2738.png
    IMG_2738.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts