GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
g'day
looks good, the only thing I was a little disappointed in was the 40% extra depth compared to a 5000 was with a 11" round and 15x12 eppy on the 5000 and a 14' round on the 7000.
a 14" round on a 5000 will go deeper than the 11" and 15x12 on a 5000. so the extra depth we have been hearing about may not be as big as we hoped for. still a little extra is still good
regards trashy

trashmagnet said:
g'day
looks good, the only thing I was a little disappointed in was the 40% extra depth compared to a 5000 was with a 11" round and 15x12 eppy on the 5000 and a 14' round on the 7000.
a 14" round on a 5000 will go deeper than the 11" and 15x12 on a 5000. so the extra depth we have been hearing about may not be as big as we hoped for. still a little extra is still good
regards trashy

A little extra for a $4000 premium I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The video raised more ????????????? for me than it answered, but if I start asking all of them I will be bagged for minelab bashing, oh well!!
cheers
Lee

go here, second pdf from bottom

://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=929819&fcc_id=Z4C-7000

Put http infront of that link, I have to submit 10 posts before I can send link, this might have fooled it.
Oz

Does it work around EMI like on the beach? I don't think iv seen anything regarding EMI issues yet...
For $10000 I'm sure it would...
Also has anyone noticed what technology it uses?

You have yo download the pdf, you cannot directly goto pdf
Delete smiley face in above post use the https (I forgot the s in above post) to goto FCC page and click second from bottom from list to get the manual in pdf.
Bear in mind this was a first draft so some information might be missing or changed since Minelab submitted this to them
Oz

they look like UR30s - my apologies, and poor quality is an understatement!! Good vid - tks mate.

rc62burke said:
trashmagnet said:
g'day
regards trashy

A little extra for a $4000 premium I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The video raised more ????????????? for me than it answered, but if I start asking all of them I will be bagged for minelab bashing, oh well!!
cheers
Lee

yeah lee a little extra for a measly 4k....bargain mate :lol: what could go wrong

would have been good to see 14" up against 14' even if there different tech
I reckon air your thoughts and questions mate, you might point out something others are missing.
I'm trying to see it clearly before laying down $10700 but it's not easy....bit excited I am 8) :D
trashy

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Does it work around EMI like on the beach? I don't think iv seen anything regarding EMI issues yet...
For $10000 I'm sure it would...
Also has anyone noticed what technology it uses?

I see what you did there. ;)

Had another look at the vid again , I bet no one picked up on what the GPZ found and how deep on its 1st day out

2015-02-13_18-56-55_zps8c7ttzup.jpg

Marty

Questions "Raised" by the video????

It is easy to make a short practical demonstration video to prove or dis-prove anything you want!!!!!!!!
These things need transparency!!!!!!!!

Let me state here I am not bagging Minelab, just trying to provide a voice of reason whilst we all get excited over this new offering.

There was zero mention of any of the timings or settings used when testing the 3 units in this video, to prove something, one only needs to dumb down the other detectors, we have all seen this before with comparisons.

To my way of thinking the target response they were trying to demonstrate on the GPZ was a little inconclusive for me (this may have something to do with the guy continuing to talk at that time ( I have a bit of industrial deafness) what I am saying is this could have been demonstrated Better!!!

Also to me there is potentially to much conductive material in proximity to the coil field, the guy in the hole has headphones & wireless module & to his left there is a pick that is about as close to the coil as the nugget, this may be nothing but I think they should have considered it.

When testing the SDC, I would be surprised if it could not pick up that target!!!! 21 oz lump (would be nice to know that depth) if it was run on 5

Just the way I see it, not bagging just raising legitimate ??? I am excited about it too, a mate of mine is getting one (Steve) and I put a deal to him to use it so see how we go.

cheers
Lee