GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan1981 said:
Nuggetbuster said:
You guys are like, joking...right??

no not really mate, chinas ability to clone things dosnt mean in general terms the product is shite,as its all about quality control
Just look at the Iphone for example, Its fully made in china...

Well if the gpz7000 "clones" really are clones, then possibly...

But if they're anything like the fake gpx4500s and 5000s, which are cheap VLFs that don't even work - not exactly clones!

Ok so this is the deal. Apparently when a new detector comes out, dozens of people "reserve" a detector by putting their name on every waiting list in the country. Then for example, Bendigo gold has 50 people on the waiting list so it orders 50 detectors from minelab at a cost of $500,000. Then it turns out that 30 people go elsewhere or don't buy one and them Bendigo are stuck with $200,000 worth of detectors. The deposit is just a way to prevent thet form happening.

JayMowgrass said:
Ok so this is the deal. Apparently when a new detector comes out, dozens of people "reserve" a detector by putting their name on every waiting list in the country. Then for example, Bendigo gold has 50 people on the waiting list so it orders 50 detectors from minelab at a cost of $500,000. Then it turns out that 30 people go elsewhere or don't buy one and them Bendigo are stuck with $200,000 worth of detectors. The deposit is just a way to prevent thet form happening.
You can understand putting a deposit system in place although knowing your total outlay upfront is always handy.
At around 4-5% of the speculative price I don't think it's unreasonable. Works both ways too - ensures to the shop that your a serious buyer & ensures you are first in best dressed (assuming that those that pay the deposit will have their machine reserved for them).

JayMowgrass said:

Still not a very good way to do business.

It's pretty much saying f**k the walk ins. If they were confident in the new product, they wouldn't mind ordering more than what an initial interested numbers list produced.

It is possible that some people who are keen, can't put down $500 now. For instance, those who are trying to sell their 5000 to fund the 7000, but haven't sold it yet. They don't want to commit until they know their older machine has been sold.

But, I can see where they're coming from, especially if it's over hyped and over priced, at least they have a certain amount of sales/deposits taken.

docjohnson9 said:
JayMowgrass said:

Still not a very good way to do business.

It's pretty much saying f**k the walk ins. If they were confident in the new product, they wouldn't mind ordering more than what an initial interested numbers list produced.

It is possible that some people who are keen, can't put down $500 now. For instance, those who are trying to sell their 5000 to fund the 7000, but haven't sold it yet. They don't want to commit until they know their older machine has been sold.

But, I can see where they're coming from, especially if it's over hyped and over priced, at least they have a certain amount of sales/deposits taken.

Thats just manufacturing mate, they need to get a return on their manufacturing /development spend so they can produce more. the old saying dont put all your eggs in one basket comes to mind.
Its a country allocation so anyone wanting one for the first allocation needs to put their name down. not all retailers are taking deposits and again minelab is not minersden.

I'm sure once allocation have been sent to each country you will be able to walk in a buy one but initially they need to control release... imagine what would happen if there was a bug.... and it had to be recalled ahh the pain the forum would light up :0

500 non refundable deposit not knowing how much and when its released from the dealer ,, yeah right ,,

Redfin said:
I don't know the price, but History tells me that every machine M/L has released since the SD2K, has cost approx 6.5 x the average wage at that time.
Thats puts this in at a tad over $9k
[figures from M/L and Bureau of Statistics]

Still reckon I'm on the money here.

stalker said:
500 non refundable deposit not knowing how much and when its released from the dealer ,, yeah right ,,

Just sign this blank cheque please sir and everything will be sweeeeet..........

Yeah I'd never pay a deposit without knowing the exact price. Hmmmm could actually even be illegal.

The current australian for sale count for used GPX 5000's only

Ebay = 10

starting bid range = $3,300 to $5,500

Gumtree = 31

Price range from $4,000 to $7,000

Negotiable = 10

Not including those who are going to buy the 7000 regardless of the price :D I just can't help wonder how many people that have sold off their perfectly good 5000/4500 and upon potentially discovering that the new detector may be almost twice the price of their previous unit, realize that they cannot afford to upgrade.
Some will be without good detectors and regretting their panic sale.
Just a thought.
Those who can and do upgrade, good luck guys and hope you start a new gold rush :)
Cheers

Any new detector regardless of price will find gold' your excited to get out and use it so you do! I bet most of those 5000's for sale would still find gold in a "flogged area" if they weren't in the cupboard or up for sale.

Marty said:
JayMowgrass said:
Also, apparently the'll be around $10,500. You saw it here first. ;)

Its more than that but your close

Marty

Last week you were pretty sure it was between 9 and 10k. What's changed your mind? haha

Latest posts