GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridge Runner said:
nuggetino said:
Yep, If there's no coil options for the GPZ it'd most likely make a lot of 5000 owners think twice before purchasing one. I for one wouldn't if I can get the same depth performance with my 4500 and a large coil. I'm not so sure how much of the initial retail cost of the GPZ is due to the SUPER D coil technology. It's possible if there are coil options they may be FAR more expensive than for the GPX5000. Could be another issue considering we're potentially looking at a 10 grand detector in standard trim..

Yep, Having them coils is what helps your detector Become Tailor made to do A certain job, Maybe for fine gold they are expecting A Person to buy the SDC as well?? Which might explain As to Why the 7000 comes with such A big coil??

Food for thought I Reckon.

john

On the money RR new 7000 and SDC package for $14000 , comes with tear out divorce papers page 1 of the manual :D

Put it into perspective boys.
To join a half decent golf club will cost you $15k+ per year.
A half decent boat is $30k+ [with ongoing costs]
My youngest daughter has a camera bag, body and lenses worth $12k.

and here we have a machine that may turn the whole triangle into virgin ground again.
When the SD first came out blokes were walking around picking up gold like some here pick up pull tabs.
This just may have the same result.
You can't win Bathurst in a VW.

Doctor said:
my 5000 with it's 16 by whatever coil will hit down 3 foot, WTF do i need more than that, seriously, if there is gold i find it, trust me ;)
Unless it is as 3'6",
We went thru the same scenario from VLF to PI, then thru the M/L machines, deeper and more sensative, each machine, some more than others.
You never know what you just walked over, and didn't hear untill you went back with the 'next one"

Hey Redfin.... ML SD 2001.?...i wasn't paying attention when that one came out...what was it like. :|

Redfin said:

and here we have a machine that may turn the whole triangle into virgin ground again.
When the SD first came out blokes were walking around picking up gold like some here pick up pull tabs.

Yeah but perspective is relative. Some people have much cheaper hobbies than the aforementioned.
If it lives up to the hype I'd have no qualms forking out for one. I hope it does and I'm excited as hell in anticipation of this detector. I'd definitely see if i can get a loan of one and test it out in the field.

Sd 2001 indeed Narrawa, my fat fingers getting in the way.

Nuggetino, there are much cheaper hobbies, but none that pay like this one. 8)

Redfin said:

I understand your point, But 10k sounds like an awful lot for a Detector seems a little Crazy,

As Doctor Said He Can Dig down that deep Now with his GPX,

VW, make the Bugatti Veyron, I reckon that might be in with a chance, lol :D

You could argue cost of horse hobby is crazy, but many people do this and they are not all crazy. Checkout cost of horse floats, in my opinion 7000 with new technology if works half better as advertised than 5000 is far better value . It is up to the individual, what may be perfectly logical calculated decision for one is absolutely crazy for another.

J

Winterwood said:
You could argue cost of horse hobby is crazy, but many people do this and they are not all crazy. Checkout cost of horse floats, in my opinion 7000 with new technology if works half better as advertised than 5000 is far better value . It is up to the individual, what may be perfectly logical calculated decision for one is absolutely crazy for another.

J

And don't forget the Vet Bills,

A few members don't have to worry about the cost factor and Those who are out in the GT 6 days a week stand a great chance of covering the initial out lay, And when you think about it with all the other gear like a 4x4 and camping equipment in all fairness this is like any other hobby or Ambition they are all Money Pits, we just have to decide which pit to through our Money in to,

But if you own any of the 4/5000 series machines then you will still have a 95% chance of finding the deep ones, So one has to ask ones self is that extra 5% worth the up grade or keeping your 5k and buying the GPZ as well??,
Or would the 5k Owner be better off buying the SDC to Compliment the 5k,

Choices, choices, Think I would go with Option 2.

John

Redfin said:

Reckon you are probably right Redfin , I think everyone would want one , and at the end of the day it comes down to priorities as a fella can have only so many toys depending on how far the wallet will stretch. At the moment I'm running with the SDC , my nice little $850 a year country golf club ( great fairways , greens and most importantly blokes ) , and a $ 3000 tinnie which keeps my freezer full of KG's and Snapper all year round.

But that is not to say they would not all be sold off in a heartbeat if this thing starts up with the bang everyone is expecting

Cheers

Doctor said:
my 5000 with it's 16 by whatever coil will hit down 3 foot, WTF do i need more than that, seriously, if there is gold i find it, trust me ;)

Do you find it & not post your "Gold" finds here??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: because I have had a look & the only finds I can find of yours are coins & trash!! are you a bit more secretive with your "Gold"???????

Cheers
Lee :) :) :)

its like looking into a crystal ball the price yes it will be up there performance it should be better as all new minelab detector have been only time will tell, once a few large nuggets are found all speculation will settle down regards john :)

rc62burke said:
Doctor said:

Do you find it & not post your "Gold" finds here??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: because I have had a look & the only finds I can find of yours are coins & trash!! are you a bit more secretive with your "Gold"???????

Cheers
Lee :) :) :)

Well There are many Detecting Prospectors here who don't show their finds,

that's not a Fair Comment, Aye

Latest posts