GPZ7000 Charger Flashing Red Light.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was charging the batteries on the 7000. After about an hour I noticed the light for the battery was flashing red. There's nothing in the owners manual covering this. Does anyone know what the problem is? wiley

wiley coyote said:
I was charging the batteries on the 7000. After about an hour I noticed the light for the battery was flashing red. There's nothing in the owners manual covering this. Does anyone know what the problem is? wiley
Did you put it on charge not long after detecting or put it on charge after removing it from a hot area?
Try taking it out, let it sit for a few minutes in a cool area or even the fridge then try again.

Sometimes this will happen if the battery is hot.

Are you charging via 240v or 12v.
If 240v the flashing red light means a fault with the charger? Maybe turn it off for awhile, remove the battery, replace & retry.
If 12v it means the input voltage is too low.
Minelab said:
For input voltages between 11 and 12 V DC, the charger will still operate however the battery will take longer to charge if the power LED is flashing red
I assume under 11v & it won't charge at all?

This happened to me once. I turned it off, lifted the battery out of the charger, put it back, turned the charger back on, and everything was fine. Hasn't happened since.

Red flashing light can indicate a low voltage when hooked to 12v. If you are running accessories like a fridge, this problem can arise. Minelab suggest using the alligator clips and connect directly to the battery rather than using the cigarette lighter plug. If using 240v, the issue could be with the battery or charger unit.

Thanks a heap for all your advice guys. It was on 240 volt. It was about 30 degrees in the G.T. when I bailed. No gold either! So the battery would have been fairly hot when I put in on the charger. I'd taken It off the charger, so when I saw M. T.s advice regarding heat, I put It back on the charger, and It worked O.K. I charged It again tonight, after 4.5 hours detecting today. Cooler weather, and, still no gold! It worked perfectly, charged in an hour. Again, thanks to everyone who offered their advice. wiley.

Latest posts