GPX handle problems

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looking for some suggestions to stop my handle from spinning. Its started slipping while running my coil hard on the ground at the patch. I tried tightening the clamp with no success. I was thinking about putting a thin layer of rubber (bike tube) to pack it and give the clamp something to bite into.
Any suggestions would be great. Cheers

That's easy mate, Take it off and cut the slot where the Bolt goes threw wider Then you will be able to tighten the Bolt more and it won't slip around, Ok

good luck, John.

walshie1000 said:
Great idea mate. Thanks, hadn't thought of that.

Yeah just use a wood saw, but support it in a Vice just enough and that will do the job, Aye,

I had to do it on one of my mine a few years back and it was better than new,

john

Sounds good mate. I might bandain fix it for the weekend as I'm heading away straight from work today. But will definitely do that when I get home. Thanks mate. Its so handy having everyone on here with a wealth of experience

walshie1000 said:
Sounds good mate. I might bandain fix it for the weekend as I'm heading away straight from work today. But will definitely do that when I get home. Thanks mate. Its so handy having everyone on here with a wealth of experience

I took the Bolt out and just gently held it in the Vice Closing the Gap leaving about 1mm gap and then I just let the saw follow the Gap and that removed just the right amount of material to allow the handle to close a bit more,

John

Good suggestion there RR if ya don't have a saw Walshie try using a file, should do the same thing.

Thanks mate. Got all the tools, most of them are at home haha. I'll worry about it after the weekend. Who knows, if the patch is good I'll just have to get a gpz I spose haha. Wishful thinking probably

walshie1000 said:
Thanks mate. Got all the tools, most of them are at home haha. I'll worry about it after the weekend. Who knows, if the patch is good I'll just have to get a gpz I spose haha. Wishful thinking probably

Don't forget that when things are working against ya that's the time you hit the Big one or something good happens, Fingers crossed for ya,

Be Lucky,, John

a sharp pocket knife will take a few slivers off plastic slot,no need for tools

If your up the creek with no paddle wrap cigarette cardboard around pipe and reclamp , should do the job till later

Go to coiltek,and buy a bent handle with the button holder set in the top of the bent section,no more broken handles,and easy to use.

Regards Frank

Two schools of thought on that one. My mate does his up real tight so it never moves, but he breaks a handle nearly every year. I don't do it up real tight and allow it to move a smidge under pressure. When it does its easy as to move it back in place. Never once broke a handle since I got an SD 2000 and broke one then, rock solid tight, from the 2100 on not one broken handle to date. An old saying, a tree that doesn't bend will break.

Gday Walshie, a thread that keeps coming loose ,... in the old days we'd a put a match stick in to take up the slack when we re tightened it.(a small stick will do in the bush. :D (just chew the stick a bit first if it seems too hard) make sure it's not a poisonous bush though.

Latest posts