Got my wings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went up to a spot in central victoria today got some raaf badges for volunteers will post again when they are clean
1398337874_sam_0223.jpg

1398337910_sam_0224.jpg
1398337935_sam_0225.jpg

Hi Duck,
Just curious how your gonna go about cleaning those little beauties up? Was it an old airforce location is some kind?
Obviously the volunteers weren't too worried about looking after their badges :D !!!

Nice collection of badges, good to see some research paying off. Hopefully they will clean up real well. :)

just gets better im using electrolysis to clean them they are coming up great so far, unfortunately i went back today i think it was an airforce base or stores im pretty sure they were all new and never worn
1398405534_sam_0226.jpg

1398405565_sam_0227.jpg

1398405587_sam_0228.jpg

Nice finds there duck!

I found an 'Australian Military Forces' button a couple of days ago (made 1915-35 I think), nothing as sweet as your find though, good work!

SF

Awesome finds, and they cleaned up fantastically. You must be on a natural high. Well done. :lol:

Wow, they cleaned up real well, it's going to be a great collection once all of them are cleaned up. I particularly like the ww1 air gunner one, very unique. :)

Well done, feels good to have em keep coming to the surface in a big way knowing no one else has been over that particular spot before, ever.
All the Roosters and Dogs in earshot would of been going of their nut after your big YEEEeeHAARrr Duck

Boy they came up really well, gotta love electrolysis!! Just curious as to how deep they were?
Finding a place like this must get your mind ticking as to its history!

Latest posts