Goodmans Creek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, long time listener first time caller. I live in Darley (Bacchus Marsh) and have Goodmans Creek not far at all. I've heard and read that it does carry some gold, some even saying they've done pretty well. I've been there numerous times but had no luck unfortunately. Tryed test pans all over the place but found barely anything. Just wondering if anyone else has had any luck in this area. I have been mainly around Carlo's old mine site. Any feedback would be great. Cheers

Thanks mate. Yeah very cool down here at the moment. Hopefully this rain will get the creeks flowing

G'day Watto983 welcome to PA here's a link to a previous thread (2017) about Goodmans creek have a read :Y: there's some discussion that will help you understand the political situation we're faced with.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=22880

Also familiarise yourself with Earth Resources exempt rivers, streams and tributaries. Before you head out firstly it is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the regulations. It's important for all of us that you do it's a hot bed of politics when it comes to any prospecting unfortunately. People doing the wrong thing makes us all look bad and further restrictions and loss of ground is the consequence. Check out the Exempt Rivers and tributaries list here.

https://earthresources.vic.gov.au/l...ick/rivers-and-streams-where-you-cant-fossick

Don't let this discourage you it's just part of the learning curve :beer: All the best when you get a chance to get amongst it, we're all hanging out to get out there.

Thanks for the feedback guys. This particular area I'm reasonably confident is just outside the Lerdederg Park. If I'm wrong please correct me on that. I got onto it after reading the 'Stray Places' map book. There's definitely been a bit of movement around there.
Just using this time to do some homework. Hopefully we will be back out doing what we love very soon!

Latest posts