Goldern triangle suggestions for 2 wheel drive access

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bjay said:
Always stay at bevs in the cooler months.great place to catch up with like minded people too. Sounds like you've enjoyed your trip minus a few car issues. Hope all goes well on your trip home. Was supposed to be there on the weekend and would have been good to catch up but it didn't happen.
Always next time Bjay ;)
Thanks Pat can't complain it been a good few days .. :Y:

Bjay, thats BS. If you want to find gold and get to the more remote unfrequented places you have to go along faint tracks.I do a lot of research with aerial maps and these faint tracks are also very hard to find unless you have a good GPS.Spent weeks around Havelock and Dunolly and all these places have tall trees everywhere.They only way you will get to the places I go is to follow your black dog on foot so stop moaning.

Hey Nucopia

Have been reading with interest as I have Subaru forrester and while it is all wheel drive it is not 4 wheel drive.
I will be down there for approx 1 week and will reread this post and hopefully will not get lost or bogged.

It sounds like I should be OK if I keep to the main tracks and be sensible..
Hope so.

oldtimerROB said:
Bjay, thats BS. If you want to find gold and get to the more remote unfrequented places you have to go along faint tracks.I do a lot of research with aerial maps and these faint tracks are also very hard to find unless you have a good GPS.Spent weeks around Havelock and Dunolly and all these places have tall trees everywhere.They only way you will get to the places I go is to follow your black dog on foot so stop moaning.
Not sure where ya coming from. What's bs I find my fair share of gold and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be moaning about . Feel free to post up some of your recent finds. {)

Agree Bjay.
Was totally confused there, as in otR's earlier email he states he takes the Forrester down these faint trails and illegally drives cross country to his spots. Quote: ".....squeezed between small trees barely 6 feet apart without problem. Only expect to get your paintwork scratched by the Wattle saplings. We even go cross country to our prefered camping site".
Seems he is both driving in and walking in.
Also, there was no "moaning", so not sure WTF is going on here :|
Also, you've found some equally great gold, so why the comparison? Most of us would tag you any day :D

Gotta agree with Bjay and BigWave here, OTR I don't understand what your point is with reference to Bjay's comment Bjay only offered his best experience (information).

To be totally honest 2 wheel drive access in the Vic GT is a given, plenty of access in all areas. In most gold bearing locations you can assume a hard base for traction on made roads (unsealed). When you do see water over roads and you need to make a decision be thorough get out walk the track. Yep straight through the middle, if you don't like dirty shoes go home
Most importantly be confident in your decision. If you don't like what you feel underfoot turn around (check out where your going to turn around) but if you've got the right gear (consider the amount of daylight left) and feel confident keep going.

oldtimerROB said:

??? :eek:
"stop moaning"???
LOL
OTR is at it again ]:D :brokenh: {)

Hiya..mate let me know how you went..I'm off to Maryborough for a week in 10 days time..

Latest posts