Goldern triangle suggestions for 2 wheel drive access

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Nucopia re ( Yep the " digger" is the Mrs )

I think you are lucky that the Mrs goes out with you, so many partners stay at home/in the van. To me the best investment that you could make in your married life is to buy her a Minelab 2300. My wife has been detecting with me since the early 80's during this time we have purchased 20 gold detectors (10 each) all minelabs starting at the ML 15000x2 and now me the 7k and she the 2300. (she still has her 45, I sold mine.)

For the same living/travelling cost you have 2 detector coils on the ground, double the chance of finding gold, exileration when she she finds gold/sovereign and you are on a dry spell and her not reading the ground as you do in WA and she finds a patch.

All the best

Peter

PeterInSa said:
Hi Nucopia re ( Yep the " digger" is the Mrs )

I think you are lucky that the Mrs goes out with you, so many partners stay at home/in the van. To me the best investment that you could make in your married life is to buy her a Minelab 2300. My wife has been detecting with me since the early 80's during this time we have purchased 20 gold detectors (10 each) all minelabs starting at the ML 15000x2 and now me the 7k and she the 2300. (she still has her 45, I sold mine.)

For the same living/travelling cost you have 2 detector coils on the ground, double the chance of finding gold, exileration when she she finds gold/sovereign and you are on a dry spell and her not reading the ground as you do in WA and she finds a patch.

All the best

Peter
Peter you are 100% correct , I am very luck my wife loves prospecting as much as I do.
She was the one that called me yesterday morning because she has a week between jobs and wants to go looking for gold..
She is a 24 caret gold digger :lol:

Since I got here two hours ago she hasn't stopped talking about W.A ..she has been watching the Aussie prospecting series on cable T.V here and is convinced WE have to go there .. she has it all figured out :eek: and I have to make it happen :rolleyes:
Im keen but I also know there is a lot more to it then hooking up the camp trailer and driving there..
Any way I love that she is addicted and is keen to get out bush but At the moment I just need a few hours sleep to get over the long drive ..

You're a lucky dude with that one Nucopia :Y: My ex would even find it boring driving through the bush, let alone camping and detecting there and would go nuts meeting the wildlife. Great that my kids have a love of the outback and the critters.

Any one heading out to the Dunolly Waaynarra area this weekend ?
We are heading that way tomorrow for a few days and we might camp out or stay at the Laanecoorie caravan park.
We will be in a silver Toyota camry and monitoring UHF 25 .. :Y:

Spent an interesting afternoon getting lost on back roads and dirt tracks around Wedderburn.
Drove past a property that had a back hoe trammel and wash plant, almost stopped to ask directions :p
But thought better of it.. Now relaxing at the caravan park 1 bar on the internet to do some geovic research on a spot in the area to head to tomorrow.
Warm and cozy in the cabin with the heater t.v and HOT SHOWER !!!
Digger recons I'm getting soft :eek: but really looking forward to the hunt tomorrow.
Will be here until at least Sunday and then head some where else for another 3 days in the tent..

Nuc, what area you gonna be in tomorrow? I'm swinging somewhere after work, around about noon time.

Out early this morning near Laanecoorie dug up some junk before going back to the cabin for lunch .
Afternoon was spent at Waaynaara deteching behind the camp ground not as much junk but there were a lot more scrub to negotiate.
Dunolly tomorrow..

Spent a few ours this morning with Patrick1 out at Dunolly exploring a likely place to detect..
Great spot but it was very cold and we only dug up junk. I think we both found a lot of lead shot and airgun slugs :|
Spent the afternoon at another spot Patrick showed us on his way home..we only stayed to detected for about an hour before heading to Maryborough our selves...
This place had a lot of bird wire and wire pegs around native trees and
Our only targets were the wire and pegs that must have been washed and buried over the last year or so..
We had planed to camp out at Adelaide lead but decided to glamp it at the wattle grove hotel for the night and stay out of the rain and cold..
Took me about 45 minutes to check in to Wattle grove ....Bev is a lovely lady but she loves to talk :D

Sorry to hear of all the junk Nucopia & Patrick. Look forward to catching up soon - just need to get over a Winter bug.
Yup, Bev loves to talk :D
Great value for money though (Wattle Grove Motel - Maryborough), now that the rooms have been done up - highly recommended, and within staggering distance to the Highlander Haven Club for a good feed.

Yesterday we drove to Golden point for a few hours detecting..
We needed to stay close to town in case the overheating issues persist with the camry ..like Patrick said to me on Sunday, I seem to have no luck with cars overheating lately.. any way repco was helpful and i was able to do some repairs at the back of Bev's place , so i hope the problem is now solved.. hopefully ..
Dug heaps of targets in the old workings off Majorca road but found nothing but rusted tin old nails and lead shot was still an intersting few hours, as it gave us both time to hone our skills with the 4,500. Like anything, the more we do this the smaller the targets we are digging are getting .. which is a good sign..

Today we are going to spend the day at Amherst and see if we have better luck finding some gold and still keep close to town if the car need more attention.
Its best to solve the over heating problem now while we are here in town , then try and drive 350ks back to Robinvale tonight and through the Marllee and have it overheating out in the midle of no where..
Bev is an awesome lady she just came and gave us a nice discount on the room for tonight.
Last night she gave us a 2 for 1 meal voucher for the Golf club , we bought a sea food platter and go the second for free. We ended up taking home two take away containers full of prawns and other sea food..when they say its a big meal , its a big meals... :eek:

Great day out at Amherst today, started out at No Gold Here track great name ...spent about 2 hours detecting and found nothing just a bit of junk ..the digger was nagging me to go back to Amherst where we found a half gram nigget the last time we were there.
So off we went , mind you its only a few hundred metres away but when the digger wants something Im best to smile and say yep lets go :D
So we get there and have some lunch and then start getting ready to searching for the wa wa sound of a good target ..
10 metres from the car on the side of a track we get a nice signal.. the digger says na thats junk lets go down into the gully where we found the last nugget and start there. So off we go ... 15 minutes later I get a very faint wa wa and we start digging .. the digger is down waveing dirt over the coil and after about 5 minutes of waving , we cant isolate the target.. after about another 5 minutes of searching the diggers say ..im getting the pan and going to wash this dirt.. so off she goes back to the car and off I go detecting the next target.. about half hour later the diggers finds me digging 3 targets in the same small area .. turns out to be a nail and 2 pieces of iron stone :( The digger is gloating and shaking the snuffer bottle saying see what I found , GOLD .. what did YOU find :rolleyes:
The rest of the afternoon I spend searching for something that I can show the digger and say "hay look what I got " :p
Wasn't my day today :( ...the digger on the other hand , from panning in the gully for a few hours, scores heaps of fine flakes and a couple of nice size pickers :eek: .. so whats a bloke to do ? Easy :D and say well done hun ...If the digger is happy , Life is good ]:D
Tomorrow we plan to hit a different place near Maryborough for a few hours before heading back to the farm in the afternoon.. hopefully the overheating issues with the camry wont cause us a problems on the way back... :Y:

Always stay at bevs in the cooler months.great place to catch up with like minded people too. Sounds like you've enjoyed your trip minus a few car issues. Hope all goes well on your trip home. Was supposed to be there on the weekend and would have been good to catch up but it didn't happen.

Latest posts