Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldpick said:
Interesting site, looks like it has a lot of promise. The tanks are pretty cool, home cast maybe? :)

Anything is possible, could be home cast just like the musket ball - I never thought of that so it is something to think about. :)
I think this part of the 1850s property is more 1900s+ because of the finds and modern looking tiles I have found. But it is still a good site and one I never thought would have a house on it. :) :Y:

Well putting the detector down never lasted very long, I decided last night to go out for a dig after a really topsy turvy day.
My wife knew I needed to get out for a bit so off I went back to my spot.
I got there and the first target was a nice looking 1941 Half Penny, I dunno what it is with this spot but if I go left it gets more modern, if I go right old and modern, if I stay in the middle between two trees old targets......Anyway I got some interesting finds and before leaving I decided to swing the detector next to where I parked my car some 25 - 30 metres away.
First signal I hit was a $2 then a few Brownies. I got a nice crisp sounding 34 and dug away till I hit metal, I thought junk but when I pulled the dirt out I could feel something heavy, I slowly removed the dirt to find a little (Lead Teddy Bear)....The head spins around as do the arms and one leg, I thought bugger I broke the other leg off and checked the dirt and hole but no leg, ran the detector over to make sure and nothing.
The finds were pretty good and I am happy with them.
Feeling really tired as I am doing the taxi run at 6 am for my (Third Eldest Son) who just started working again after flitting around at home, my wife does the Taxi run for our second Eldest at 7:30 am....
So I mean it this time I am hanging the detector for a while if I can muster the will to not pick it up. lol I need to get some stuff sorted out.
Before I left I noticed something interesting about the spot I have been working, small patches of clover leaf in circles, I thought to myself Old Gardens?
Ran the detector over and nothing, so I decided to go Max Sensitivity and Boom signals everywhere deep deep deep, quickly ran back over the other areas and Boom Boom Boom deep deep deep signals, so all of the surface finds are pretty much done with so it's something to look forward too.

Cheers everyone - GDA

1493918433_finds_old.jpg

Kitchen Sink Waste Pipe...I could hear a small voice saying, everything but the Kitchen Sink hahaha

1493918513_sink_old.jpg

1493918557_sink_old_2.jpg

Not sure if this is a Bullet? I put the $2 coins so you could all see the size of it. Has Groves near the base of it.

1493918599_bullet_1.jpg

1493918738_bullet_2.jpg

1493918754_bullet.jpg

This may be the casing?

1493918797_casing_old.jpg

Torch by the look of it.

1493918826_torch_old.jpg

1941 Half Penny

1493918865_halfy.jpg

1493918882_halfy_2.jpg

From the modern site...

1493918909_modern.jpg

Lead Teddy

1493918941_lead_teddy.jpg

Gold Plated Lighter? lol I don't think so...

1493918968_lighter.jpg

No idea what this is, some sort of bracket?

1493919023_no_idea.jpg

This one I have no idea as well, it is made of copper though any thoughts?

1493919101_copper.jpg

A Chunk of Solder...Just what I need.

1493919136_solder.jpg

Oki Doki have fun, take care and find lots of cool stuff.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Onya GDA..Looks like you've found an old house site.....I dont think it will be very long before you hear the call of the xterra.....TAKE ME FOR A SWING GDA....TAKE ME FOR A SWING :Y: :lol:

Sounds like you have lots of goodies waiting for you GDA :p
I can hear them calling out to you from here .... they must be loud from your place ;)
Good luck ignoring them for too long :lol:

Smoky bandit said:
Onya GDA..Looks like you've found an old house site.....I dont think it will be very long before you hear the call of the xterra.....TAKE ME FOR A SWING GDA....TAKE ME FOR A SWING :Y: :lol:

Smoky it's like that all day every day, any chance to get out for a dig is a win win in my book. :) :Y:

Sandta said:
Sounds like you have lots of goodies waiting for you GDA :p
I can hear them calling out to you from here .... they must be loud from your place ;)
Good luck ignoring them for too long :lol:

Yeah Sandta I think I will listen to my inner voice saying think about it first mate..... I need to recharge my batteries and then some. :) :Y:

I found one of those bears a fair while back gda ,... unknown looks like some sort of hose connector for joining two bits of heater hose for a cars internal heater (maybe). :Y:

silver said:
I found one of those bears a fair while back gda ,... unknown looks like some sort of hose connector for joining two bits of heater hose for a cars internal heater (maybe). :Y:

Yup I know what part in the car you mean and I think you may be onto something there. :) :Y:

B5MECH said:
silver said:
Seems lead Ted is popular :eek: Nice hunt Gda :cool: :Y:

Looks like it, just wish the other leg was still with it. :) :Y:

golddiggerart said:
B5MECH said:
silver said:

If you can bear it keep looking, probs threw the bear when the leg broke off, trick will be to think it through as to how far they threw it, and, where from. :D

AtomRat said:
Nice hunting mate! Lead tank back a couple o hunts is mad! And i recon you will stumble across more of them bottmes real soon.. :D

Was only about 2 inches deep, they have done a lot of grading on that spot over the years I can tell also they added top soil at some stage because the hard pack layer is yellowy/orange and not the grey on top and it is also compact underneath but quite loose on top. :Y:

silver said:
golddiggerart said:
B5MECH said:
silver said:

If you can bear it keep looking, probs threw the bear when the leg broke off, trick will be to think it through as to how far they threw it, and, where from. :D

Good idea mate... :)

Latest posts