Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
Nice find Arthur, is it silver? Awesome if it is. :)

Could be plated, if I could find the other half/bottom in the area I found this it may have hallmarks on it, I do believe it is an old Cigarette Case.

The find has lead me to what I believe is part of a hmmm I'd like to say house. Found tiles, bricks in the vicinity.

Cheers Heatho :Y: :Y:

Funny thing that when you're packing to move you find something that has been putting away for the last 14 years, I totally forgot my old coin collections.

So here is just a few surprises.

Sorry about this first picture....

1493214491_all.jpg

1493214523_two_shill.jpg

1493214534_one_shill.jpg

1493214554_brit_nz_6_3d.jpg

And last one a nice crisp 1951

1493214585_aus_six.jpg

Lots of English Pennies 1912 - 1936 which are still in the box.

If you want them Silver message me your address and I will post them out to you, I would rather give them away to someone that will appreciate them more than me.
I like collecting things but sometimes it is good to pass them on, my kiddies don't want them and I don't want to hold onto them anymore. I have had them for over 32 years sitting in a plastic bag.

:Y: :Y: :Y:

golddiggerart said:
If you want them Silver message me your address and I will post them out to you, I would rather give them away to someone that will appreciate them more than me.
I like collecting things but sometimes it is good to pass them on, my kiddies don't want them and I don't want to hold onto them anymore. I have had them for over 32 years sitting in a plastic bag.

Thanks for the offer gda, but your kiddies won't really know what they want until they're about 28 years old, so, I recon in for a penny / in for a pound mate ,.... looks like you still got the long haul to go yet ,.... but the good news is, they will be so much older by then, and even more worthy a score as time goes by. Maybe it's time to secrete them away for the interim and watch to see over time just which one of your kiddies is developing a real appreciation for being the transposer of old family material objects to the next generation(and it's not always the one that's well off that gets the job done, it'll be the one full of love, devotion , and care). In the meantime (long haul interim) you could quietly and discreetly add to it over time when you can, it's ok to add to your family treasure when it is in your possesion, they all start somewhere (collections) before they grow sizeable, just ensure that they are well protected in proper sleeves (you can get small coin books with different coin size sleeves), and, as much as I would love them (don't get me wrong), you have such a good head start on your own collection. My advice to you is to hold fast the course and reap those special rewards that will come your way from this endeavour and its fruition.
cheers without beers
Silver
:Y: :p :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
Nice coins gda5 :Y:

Cheers Smoky, have a few world coins as well, funny though I was sure the collection was around 200+ coins but when I found them sitting in a dark corner of my wardrobe there was only around 50 and the wardrobe is now empty, every box and bag sorted.

:Y:

silver said:
golddiggerart said:

Thanks for the offer gda, but your kiddies won't really know what they want until they're about 28 years old, so, I recon in for a penny / in for a pound mate ,.... looks like you still got the long haul to go yet ,.... but the good news is, they will be so much older by then, and even more worthy a score as time goes by. Maybe it's time to secrete them away for the interim and watch to see over time just which one of your kiddies is developing a real appreciation for being the transposer of old family material objects to the next generation(and it's not always the one that's well off that gets the job done, it'll be the one full of love, devotion , and care). In the meantime (long haul interim) you could quietly and discreetly add to it over time when you can, it's ok to add to your family treasure when it is in your possesion, they all start somewhere (collections) before they grow sizeable, just ensure that they are well protected in proper sleeves (you can get small coin books with different coin size sleeves), and, as much as I would love them (don't get me wrong), you have such a good head start on your own collection. My advice to you is to hold fast the course and reap those special rewards that will come your way from this endeavour and its fruition.
cheers without beers
Silver
:Y: :p :Y:

All good Silver, Cheers mate. :) :D

Danny13 said:
G'day GDA , pm me if you still want to offload them. Good home assured and appreciated on display!

All good Danny, after reading what Silver wrote it made me think about holding onto them for another 30 or more years to see if one of the kiddies does indeed take a shine and interest to them.

Cheers Mate. GDA :Y: :Y:

A fantastic decision GDA, I know the kids will enjoy them and the stories behind them. My Dad had a set of genuine 2 up pennies from WW2 which I loved looking at and playing with as a small boy. unfortunately someone pinched them after he passed over.
They will love them mate.
Mackka :)

Mackka said:
A fantastic decision GDA, I know the kids will enjoy them and the stories behind them. My Dad had a set of genuine 2 up pennies from WW2 which I loved looking at and playing with as a small boy. unfortunately someone pinched them after he passed over.
They will love them mate.
Mackka :)

Yeah cheers Mackka for the share, I know that back in NZ somewhere in Mum and Dads belongings there is a proof set of NZ Silver Coins. Dad aid I could have them many years ago and said you can sell them if you like, they were worth $99 back then. One day when I am back over that way I will find his suitcase with all of his personal effects and bring them to show my kids.
The watch I gave him when he was 16 - (Hand Made 24K Gold Plated over Silver) I brought back to Australia with me when he passed, my eldest son asked if he could have it and I said yes, he took it to the shop to get fixed and it now sits on his shelf when he doesn't wear it.
Back in 1988 it cost me $365, heaven knows what it is worth now monetary value but to myself and my son it is priceless.

Cheers GDA :Y:

Went for a quick swing to satisfy my itch tonight at the local park, only a quick swing as I knew there wouldn't be much to gather because of the rain....Surprised to get 2 x $2 coins a 20 cent and 3 x 10 cents.
My itch has been satisfied for now and my happy is back on. :)

Latest posts