Gold Rush Nugget Bucket information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Have used the Gold Rush Nugget Bucket a couple of times & have had some success with it. In the photo the 3 bigger bits on the right were found with a Whites GMT detector. The specks to the left were found either panning or after using the bucket then panning the cons in the bottom bowl. Not a big amount but it does seem to work ok & have only ever run 3 buckets through it as yet in different spots as a test.
The bloke who says its junk in the above video purposely overloads it - it won't handle large volumes in one hit. If you follow the directions of a couple of scoops then 1/2-3/4 bucket of water it won't block like he makes it do & you can run a bucket (or more) through with ease.
Although only new to prospecting I like that it is all contained neatly in one bucket & is easy to move around to different spots to test etc. which I guess you could do with a couple of sieves, pan, bucket etc. anyway. I will have another run with it when the weather warms up again & let yas know if I find anything worth reporting. :lol:

1369636801_20130527_162935_-_2.jpg

headbut17 said:
Hunting the yellow said:
here's the website the one above didn't work http://www.goldrushnuggetbucket.com/how-it-works.html
I wouldn't mind that amount of colour in 5 litlle scoop loads , would you . Wonder how much he did without the camera going

Think you'd have trouble selling one of those to me as well. A 1/4" sieve and a Super Sluice should have that same size bucket processed in half the time. And you still have to pan the concentrates in any case. Thumbs down from this side of the fence.

Cheers Wal :)

Yeah its definately not gonna process a heap of material quickly for you & no match for a super sluice.

I think this is more marketed at the "family going camping" market than the good folk on this forum. i did look at this beforegetting started on my journey. main reason for meciding against it is you have to pull it apart to see any results... with a super sluice or similar large capacity pan i can sample. move. sample move rather quickly in an area.

Hi all,

Being new to this prospecting caper I am trawling the net to find the best gear I can that will allow me to find the most Gold in the field to cure this fever. On one of my trawling sessions I came across a product from the states called the Gold Rush Nugget Bucket. It looked almost too easy to use and the videos of it in operation clearly shows the fine gold building up in a ring in the bottom of the bowl.

Has any one here seen one of these in action or own one and can you tell me if its a worthwhile prospecting tool. Any advice would be appreciated. Sorry I can't post a link but google will have it up in no time.

Cheers,
Matt

looks like it could work for fine gold , great for kids to use

maybe a bit slow but there are very few ways to catch superfine gold reliably , and they used 200 mesh for the demo

where abouts are you based MJB ?

I'm in Mt Gambier SA, right down the bottom. I head to Ararat to do my prospecting but have been told there is gold closer but I just can't seem to find out enough info.
Where I go to in Ararat the gold is really fine and generally only get 1-2 specks in each pan, you can't imagine my excitement when I got about 6 bits in one pan out of a nice crevice...I nearly quit my day job and took up prospecting full time :p

Cheers,
Matt

I met a bloke in adelong who had one a couple of months back, and he couldn't fault it. Said the only thing you can do to mess up with the thing was to put too much water through without enough material to prevent the gold washing out, much like a sluice...

I've got one & they do work but like stated above would be very slow for large quantities. Would be good fun for a couple of kids on a hot day.

You could achieve the same, or better, with a small AM sluice (if you have running water), a Garrett super sluice pan & a 1/4" sieve @ probably less cost.

Thanks guys,
I have the super sluice and sieve and am in the middle of making a sluice so I might have to hold out until I see how all that goes. Hopefully I will be heading out this weekend.

Cheers

Gday fellow prospectors, I am a newbie to the game.
I recently purchased a Gold rush nugget bucket.
Has anyone else purchased one and what sort of success have you had.

I am hoping to get out this weekend and run some dirt through mine

Fingers crossed.

Thanks guys and gals!!

I got one for when my nephews come out with me, for something that I thought was just for kids it holds gold very well. it surprised me.
it's not something you can go out and process heaps of dirt through but they are a bit of fun that actaully works. make sure no clay goes in it though, like most products it hates clay. but like clean wash.
regards trashy

they kind of look like a variation to the rotopan which is made here in the good ol AUS :) my thinking was it loos like a pain in the ass to have to keep filling it with water, maybe you could make up a spray bar with a bilge pump or something so you can juts keep classifying down.

Latest posts