Gold prospecting UK

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday all , Pommy living here in Aus and I've caught gold feever treating my addiction with minelabs ,homemade slucies and a sh*t load on youtube gold detecting videos .

Chatting with my brother back home and he mentioned that theres gold back home in the UK - its still cold and wet so i think i'll stay here -

Has anyone on here had any prospecting experiences in the UK or know any useful info / websites ?

Im hoping on finding a site like Minedex / DMP I've learned heaps from them and they helped me bag my first bits of color .

Any help will be greatly appreciated
TIA

I thought the'd only found a few ounces out that way, and all the gold was dropped by people returning from Terra Australis. Maybe if you like diving for gold!! lol Hope you bag some.

I think its abit of both mate , lots of saxon / roman settlements and a few mines in the West Country and up north where gold has been found ( nothing on the Aus scale - reports seem to be tin mines where fussier deposits have been found )

Time for a good Google search i think

The Romans mined most of the Gold in the UK back 2000 years ago, But the Welsh and the Scots fought them off which is most likely why there is still Gold in Wales and Scotland, I know of a few good sites but not enough to make a living out of,

The Romans channelled complete waterways to wash the Gold right out of the Ground and the scares they left behind are still there today.

John.

Latest posts