Gold Price Discussion

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gold threatening to hit a four-year low as at 25/09/2014.

Gold price has respected the new resistance level at $1240/ounce and should now probably test the $1200 level. Follow-through below $1180 would offer a long-term target of $1000.

Quite a bearish indication and might be a good level to buy bullion at cheap prices......just hang onto those nuggets for the time being!

Hi everyone,
Which the price of gold there in Australia?
Here in my region, the gram of gold costs 72 reais (36 Australian dollars)
I think very cheap :(

The U.S dollar is known as the worlds 'Safe Haven' currency, when there is economic or political unrest, investors flock to buy the U.S dollar as a measure of protection against radical market moves etc.

As gold is measured in U.S dollars, and therefore paired against it in the worlds currency market, when the yanky dollar rises (investors are buying it) or demand exceeds supply, gold falls as a consequence.

One thing to remember joao.....There is only so much gold in this world that we can extract, however we can print all the money we like!

You know what i mean?

When gold is low, its a buyers market (keep your nuggets in the safe)....when gold rises, it then becomes a sellers market!

Would you say I'm crazy if I said gold could reach $13,400 an ounce? You probably would, however Check this link....many thanks to a forum member - 'Big Nugget' for supplying it ;)

http://hiddensecretsofmoney.com/blog/the-big-picture-for-gold-and-silver

Love your work Joao and keep digging my friend,

Regards

Good (GREAT) series metamorphic.

there's more;

Dominic Frisby's explanation of currency printing and benefits "first users" get;
Less than 4 minutes of excellent explicitly good animation & narrative ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx16a72j__8

And for the .... starting 17minutes in;
"Senator Alan Simpson on the Deficit Cutting "Stink-Bomb" in Congress' Garden Party! "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvxG8R777H8

For those interested in trading a few gold stocks this is a must read , I have been waiting
Years for these market conditions .

This is by no means share trading advice on my behalf , simply an article which meets my opinion.

8) :D
Cheers.

Gold Stocks Shine in 2015

Gold Stocks Shine in 2015
By Expert Panel | 22.12.2014

Gold stocks have suffered a miserable few years, becoming a laughingstock even among contrarians. But this despised sectors seemingly-endless downward spiral has left gold stocks vastly undervalued relative to gold, which drives their profits. The fundamentally-absurd disconnect between gold-stock price levels and gold cant last. And it sure looks ready to end, making 2015 the year gold stocks shine again.

Any stock is a fractional ownership stake in a corporation, entitling shareholders to participate in that companys profits. So over time, any stock price ultimately reflects a reasonable multiple of these very underlying earnings. If a stock price falls too low relative to corporate profits, investors step in to buy shares cheap bidding their prices higher. And the opposite is true if a stock grows too expensive relative to earnings.

In the gold-mining industry, the price of gold is the dominant driver of corporate profits by far. Mining costs are largely determined by the particular deposit being mined, and are largely fixed when any mine is designed and constructed. So gold miners profits are almost totally dependent on the price of gold. The higher it happens to be, the larger their margins grow since their costs generally dont change much.

This dynamic is what has long made gold stocks attractive to investors. When the gold price rallies, the profits of gold miners rocket higher much faster. If a miner can produce gold for $900 an ounce, and sell it for $1200, its profits are $300. But if gold merely climbs 25% higher to $1500, that same miners profits double to $600. This inherent profits leverage to gold makes the gold stocks really amplify golds moves.

But as in all stock-market sectors, this key fundamental relationship between earnings and stock prices can be temporarily derailed by sentiment extremes. Sometimes investors get greedy, and bid gold-stock prices up far higher than their gold-driven profits could ever support. And other times they get scared, selling so aggressively that prices fall far below their earnings-supported levels. Great fear has plagued gold stocks.

This has hammered this sector to truly fundamentally-absurd levels relative to the metal that drives its profits. The leading gold-stock index is the NYSE Arca Gold BUGS Index, widely known by its symbol HUI. Back in early November, this gold-stock-sector measuring rod was crushed down to 146.8. The last time this index had been lower was a whopping 11.3 years earlier all the way back in July 2003.

The problem was these recent extreme lows were spawned by overwhelming fear, not underlying profits fundamentals. In early November 2014, the gold price fell just under $1150. But the last time the HUI had been so low over a decade earlier, gold was trading near $350. Does it make any sense at all for gold stocks to be trading at the same levels despite gold being 3.3x higher? No, its a crazy fear anomaly.

Gold stocks are priced as if gold was just 30% of its prevailing levels today. Imagine this same kind of vast fundamental disconnect in another industry. What if Apples stock was trading at levels reflecting it selling just 30% of the iPhones its actually selling? Investors would rush to buy it, knowing full well that extreme sentiment-driven fundamental anomalies never last for long. Why should gold stocks be any different?

And make no mistake, investors will return. Between the birth of gold stocks secular bull in November 2000 and its peak in September 2011, the HUI skyrocketed a mind-boggling 1664% higher! This nicely leveraged golds own 603% gain over that span, and trounced the benchmark S&P 500s 14% loss. The investors who were willing to buy gold stocks cheap back in the early 2000s earned vast fortunes over a decade.

But sentiment started to turn in 2012, when the HUI slipped 11% despite gold gaining 7%. And 2013 was the year of QE3, the Feds wildly-unprecedented debt-monetizing money printing that spawned an incredible stock-market levitation. As the US stock markets inflated dramatically on nothing but Fed hot air, alternative investments like gold were wholesale abandoned. Why buy gold when stocks are soaring?

So in 2013 the HUI plummeted 55% to golds 28% loss. Truly gold stocks should have bottomed after such an extreme down year, as fear in this sector was off the charts. And indeed they spent most of 2014 regaining ground, but that great progress collapsed in recent months. Now year-to-date, the HUI has dropped 20% to a mere 2% gold loss, reflecting the ongoing extreme and irrational fear in this sector.

But gold stocks cant fall relative to gold forever, they cant be forced into a situation where their various earnings multiples are merely a fraction of the broader stock markets indefinitely. Like everything else in the markets, the relationship of gold-stock prices to gold levels is forever cyclical. Greedy uplegs push gold stocks well above reasonable levels relative to gold, then fearful corrections hammer them back below.

This may be a silly question..

Is buying gold stocks different from having a share in the ownership of gold? (I think I just need it explained)

G'day MrCornford

If you buy Bullion ( currently $1233 US ) your profit or loss at sale is dependent on what
you paid for it and what you sold it for just like any commodity.
If you buy a share in a Gold miner or producer you are buying into their ability to find and produce gold at a good price
Gold being seen as a safe haven for investors , at times of unease in the world , being war , economic pressure ,
drought , etc will see people taking their money out of the equity market and buying gold to avoid losing money in a share market collapse .
The share market being what it is , a delicate balance between fear and greed , tends to oversell when in fear mode and over buy
in greed mode , in other words in fearful times people sell down a company's value to a point where the company is worth more
than their share price reflects ( share price X number of shares on issue V Company's net worth) and the time to but into them , refer article.
IMHO gold price may have bottomed , and many Gold Mining Stocks were undervalued and I started to buy into them from early Dec
as a consequence although gold has risen approx 5 percent some companies like PXG ( Pheonix Gold ) NST ( Northern Star Mines )
DRM ( Doray Minerals ) AQG ( Alacer Gold ) have provided a nice little return of up to 60 percent in 5 weeks.

Very interesting times though , there is a technical resistance level for gold @ US $1230 per oz Troy
IMHO if gold holds above this level it may take off into blue sky territory , if it falls below it could be back down
to $1190 before it try's to break $1230 again. This could provide another buying opportunity but I doubt the Stocks
will get that low again

And that is the fun of the game :D

Hope this helps

Cheers

, Its at a great price to buy ATM, But buy it and keep it in a safe,another thing to consider is the gold price is depressed by the US FED, the gold price per once should be around $7000. Its only another major depression to make the value go up, or the next time they invade some other nation/country.
In LONG term investment,gold is a great option.

My opinion anyway
Cheers Ryan

Latest posts