Gold Price Discussion

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi HeadsUp

You are correct the system is been manipulated to give the banks the opportunity to buy the gold at the paper price and eventually recapitalise themselves.

All the small or weak hands will be forced out of their holdings.

Bottom line is gold and silver will be the basis of all future money, and the more the people have control over their own future the better!

The is no other outcome, end game is here.

Cheers
Mike

Hence the Chinese lining up in their 1000's to buy and get their hands on physical gold.
If you get the chance read "Currency Wars" by James Rickards a very informative bit of reading.

How many times a day does the price change, and since I haven't started to pan for gold, is it a good investment to buying gold now or wait and buy silver

Bradbury88 said:
How many times a day does the price change, and since I haven't started to pan for gold, is it a good investment to buying gold now or wait and buy silver

the gold price changes every split second during the hours of trade of the various markets around the globe

chart data here if you feel inspired to watch squiggly lines

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html

will it go up or down tomorrow , next week , next year ?

people get paid millions a year to predict that and can still get it wrong , you might as well be asking a barber if he thinks you need a haircut

brokers dont care too much if its going up or down as long as you try to trade it so they can clip your ticket as you get on and off the bus.

If paper currency crashes, which is more than likely. The US will float a new currency. They already have this currency printed it is called the Amero. The QE program is designed to buy time and Gold. They will float the currency against the new gold standard. This might not be a great thing for those who hold the metal. Government can then control the price more. On the other hand they may hyper inflate the gold price to make the new currency more valuable to pay off bad debt.

If this creates a new gold rush the business to be in, is alcohole because most will be trying to drown their sorrows after panning all day for three tiny specks of gold.

All prospectors should be thinking of making a living not just from gold itself but the service required to support the rush.

There is more money to be made from the mutton on the plate that the digger
ate.

Ryan

I haven't seen this one before. Kinda sums it up. Not a a matter of IF but WHEN ?

GOLD GOLD GOLD!!!

Anyone got experience buying gold as an investment? I'm looking at buying. I was just going to buy through Perth Mint and am wondering if anyone else knows different places with better fees? Eg: to buy closer to the current price rather then a few extra hundred on top....

Help!!

Gold jumped $30+/oz but dropped $2 by time I typed this...
Watch the live gold price top of page...
$1370.24 @ 00.20am (now)

America has debts that will start coming in there social security payments for baby boomers will start this year and they have spent the money they collected from the people over the years they have unfunded payments of 50 trillion on top of there national debt they are in massive trouble and will print money like crazy soon I am waiting for the crash it will be big this time it all goes back to sept 11 when they started stimulating economy and it had bad out comes and it was all ways stimulated with more money putting of the inevitable making the problem ten times as bad all the big investors are dumping American consumer stocks and bank shares there is no way it will end well

If you want to see how quickly the gold price changes, try IG Markets home page (you don't have to log in). You can see that (US$) and a bit of Forex and currencies. Hots up after some overseas markets open. Gold contracts used to be good to trade but the margin has increased and it's too volatile. Anyway I need the exercise and it's easier and more interesting trying to find it. Mmm market manipulation at the highest.

Just checked the gold price chart link (which is great!!) - about $300 per ounce drop in a year - still a reasonable price per ounce but this is going to hurt eventually. From 2012 to now, it's basically costing me a coil replacement every ounce and 1/2 I sell.

I remember that in 2002 gold was selling at $214.00 USD an ounce should have brought up big then and sold off last year.

Jim Rogers prediction is for gold to make a 'complicated bottom' over the next days/months/year (or two) & thinks it could go down to US$960 per ounce. Near a 50% retrace from it's top, seems he thinks this is necessary before it is "off to the races again". My gold stocks will suffer for a bit but will likely come out the other side smiling. Rogers says "DON'T SELL YOUR GOLD!"

Drewe

production will slow and America will make more dumb policy moves and gold will go back up just a matter of time Obama care will cost them big if they give Iran go a head to make nukes gold will go very high as war will be the out come :)