Gold Price Discussion

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, buy some gold or silver and hold for 12 months . Or buy shares in some gold miners , they will benefit if the price goes up .

Tin is the metal smashing it. Massive shortage. MLX are doing well with their Renison tin deposit (stock has trebled in the last 18 months) which I believe is tailings processing.

Edit: But possibly now at the end of it's run. Who knows. Iron ore surpassed all expectations.

Oooops, Sorry off topic. :argh:

Its all, all the metals, manipulated by the fat cats playing a game to their own advantage. Looking back all the speculation was just that, speculation and marketing ploys. It is what it is at any given time. They make the game rules and change it to their advantage when it suits. If you are lucky enough the price is great when you need to sell, conversely others are feeling the opposite.
Gold, smile maker and heartbreaker.

Hang on :
That was going off of ABC GOLD $2381.97 , Then their site went down
KITCO is saying $2673.88
ABC BULLION about $2660
Maybe its not the end of the world 😆

Yep, just about chocked on my coffee,I see it on a few sites and believe it to be a function of a erroneous AUD/USD exchange rate being automatically used. Some FX sites have AUD/USD at .73 not the correct value.

Yep, just about chocked on my coffee,I see it on a few sites and believe it to be a function of a erroneous AUD/USD exchange rate being automatically used. Some FX sites have AUD/USD at .73 not the correct value.
How can one make a killing buying USD than...?

I don't know why everybody gets concerned over the price of gold. It seems as though most never sell it so the price doesn't matter much. We sell ours because it keeps us ticking over between drinks. Many seem to shove it into the bank vault for a rainy day but many of us are in our twilight years so I figure we may as well enjoy spending it while we're able to. Once you've fallen off the perch all that gold is of little value.

I don't know why everybody gets concerned over the price of gold. It seems as though most never sell it so the price doesn't matter much. We sell ours because it keeps us ticking over between drinks. Many seem to shove it into the bank vault for a rainy day but many of us are in our twilight years so I figure we may as well enjoy spending it while we're able to. Once you've fallen off the perch all that gold is of little value.
No Disrespect Old Mate , But if you have as much invested in Bullion as I have in last 20 years . I don't mean What we dig outta the Earth. You & Mr,s MB are living the dream.

No Disrespect Old Mate , But if you have as much invested in Bullion as I have in last 20 years . I don't mean What we dig outta the Earth. You & Mr,s MB are living the dream.

That's what I was trying to say dam it. I don't know your situation but for many, money or gold stocks are more important than the quality of life. I've seen people seriously planning for their retirement but by the time they get there they are either dead or not in a fit state to enjoy it.

I planned to retire at 55 because my Dad died at 63 during the first week of retirement. I failed because Paul Keating stuffed up my plans so I had to wait until I was 60. If I had my time again I'd retire much earlier because I enjoy my life now much more than I did while working even though I don't have the money they say we need at my age.

I retired after being self employed most of my life so almost no superannuation and no aged pension but I do have a life.

It’s mostly the thrill of the hunt.
For me gold doesn’t make me any money, it doesn’t save me any money and it doesn’t enhance my life sitting in a jar or vault.
Over the duration I have sold all my gold but never have considered it “spent“ as have reinvested most of the proceeds into other capital values such as superannuation, shares, property and even as a part deposit on my house. Those things have worked very well to allow a comfortable retirement now.
My opinion would be to look at what other appreciating and income generating assets gold can be converted into rather than just its absolute value.
Looking at my jar now down to just a few grams, I am hungrier than ever to get out on the hunt again although I suspect that when I kick off, the kids will be very disappointed at what they do find in my jar.

View attachment 8729

I love the way this chart has the ability to see into the future... I'm charging the detector now because I want to be there by the 31st 😂
Don't waste your time waiting for the 31st, today's price is ahead 😃

Obviously quoted price is 24 carat, I set the gram price at 22 carat for the simple reason most people selling gold is in natural form not bullion.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 won't let me load the picture 🤬

Anyway the ounce bullion price was $2974.20 (24 carat) at the time I took a screen shot. Setting the gram price at 22 carat comes in at $87.65

Here's the error message that came up when I tried to load the screen shot picture I took. Well I'll BF it won't allow me to load any pictures 😴

Latest posts