Gold Price Discussion

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep it varies on a daily basis depending on how our dollar is going, profit takers and local confidence in the share market. Typically when the share market is in bear territory, gold will go up. When the bull is running it generally drops. Still around $A1700 so not bad compared with the last couple of years. Think it will stay thereabouts until, and if, the share market gets a very good rally. But from everything I'm reading and hearing, I wouldn't hold my breath on a permanent market upturn. The other uncontrollable thing is what I called profit taking. The market goes up a little bit, the big money cashes in, then the market goes down again. It is no different with gold. Investors who are justifiably worried about the share market will invest in gold, and again will sell on a high, then look to buy on a low. But just remember diggers, the little one ounce nugget you find is valuable whether gold is at $1700 or $1500. It's a nice feeling.

My problem is that I can't bear to part with my finds no matter the price of god (within reason!) I've had four made into girls/ladies necklaces for special occasions, but none sold. Guess my kids won't have the same hang-up tho.

Here's the latest for my God daughter. Still holding some nice quartz. The price of this gold just went up!
1457747250_erica_3.jpg

If your into buying gold I'd save for the May/June lowest drop for this year. Sundays are the best times to buy physical gold because of the market close. I tend to watch gold prices about 5-20 times a day. If you buy smart you will never have to worry about your super once big chunks eventually get taken from you.

Closed at $1652oz $53g.

Much the same for the next 2 weeks; $1648 - $1720 an ounce.

I'd recommend Perth Mint gold coins in the 1/20 - 1/2 oz for savings and investment. While you pay around $60 - $180 more per ounce, its rather easy to put $200 away a week and buy half a dozen at the right time every 6 weeks. Come time to sell you can offload coins bit by bit like a poor mans set for life scratchy. I've tried selling 1oz coins when the price is high and it sux.

Current coins to buy that have no collectors premium as yet - 2014 1/10 Perth Mint Privy. Mintage - 3591. Expect +$100 on top of these in 10 years over 2026 coins.
2015 Perth Mint Kangaroo. Mintage - 20,743.

Sellers are getting spot price for their nuggets +-10% which I find amazing. If your into the detect and sell, I'd hold out selling until gold tips $1800oz towards the end of the year. Better yet $2000oz will come in the next 5 years.

That's gold, how I see it.

$1748 Au :eek:

The Aussie dollar closed lastnight for the weekend around $73:50c and with some way to fall (I hope :D and believe) continuing to push the price of Gold up.

The Aussie dollar has fallen over 4c in less than 2 week's which the Reserve Bank wanted and made happen as much as it could.

Don't forget that our economy is mostly based on Iron Ore and Coal,a resource based economy.

With the continuing weak figures coming out of the US and Europe the news for Gold is :cool: I honestly reckon it is still "cheap" and worth buying if you have a few lazy $$$ laying around.

Another interest rate cut in August as a real possibility they say weakening the Aussie dollar even further :p

That reminds me of my crede that I need to reinstall here (hence my forum name) taken from "Derek" in the windy city - Chicago.

# C ash is KING (just for practical daily living today)
# G old is INSURANCE.
# S ilver is SPECULATION.

Good luck to all forum members who are fortunate enough to be hunting for Gold today,I wish you Gods speed and good luck..

CGS :)

Note - the opinions and statements above are mine and are not for financial advice,just saying.

If a moderator wants to transfer this to Nuggets - "official discussion" about Gold no problem ;)

Happy days :cool:

Suppose you blokes are checking the price of gold atm $1805 and hit around $1813 today. Geez a few ounces would pay for a new detector.
I guess that there is a certain amount of uncertainty in the markets atm that is driving up the price, maybe the Brexit thing.
Wonder if it will hit $2k.

Hi all,

With all the shows on tv, it has got me thinking. They say this nugget may he worth about this, if it is, how do they sell it, would they get that current price or would the buyer only pay so much.

Do certain Aust states own the Gold you dig, so only digging for the fun of it. You can't sell it, true or false.

Rodger

Latest posts