Gold In Western Sydney

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1598254173_img-20200823-wa0018.jpg

1598254174_img-20200823-wa0017.jpg

1598254174_img-20200823-wa0015.jpg

1598254174_vid-20200823-wa0023.mp4

1598254174_img-20200823-wa0022.jpg

Careful about picking up sheets of corrugated iron.

Particularly out in the bush.

Blue Tongues are about the nicest thing youll find under them.

Goes rapidly downhill after bluetongues and most are pretty p|ed to be disturbed.

Yes.. i was actually half looking for a snake have found red bellies in the same manor before.. got lucky and caught 1 alive.

But you are correct was a stupid move.. i had hoped to catch 1 sleeping

But the caravan park is cheap and the camping area is beautyful. staf are very friendly. not mutch gold . but a nice little place

forest dweller said:
But the caravan park is cheap and the camping area is beautyful. staf are very friendly. not mutch gold . but a nice little place
When you define "Windeyer" as no pickings...
I will disagree.
I think " feel free" too say you have had no luck there.... yet..
I have had a ball there, 3 grams in a day...
And I have a ball there with only half a gram at the end of the day..
And ... WTF! ZIP really at the end of the day.... but had a ball.
Perhaps post that you have had no luck yet there as yet ......
Due to your knowledge and experience, and your access to areas.
Overall all I would not define it as a red hot place to go...
But where is?
Hill end... worlds biggest specimen location... some say flogged...
Some have panned there when water has been in the creek and fabulous!
Rather than make such a bold statement as a fact because of your experience,
Ask around of what is typical for the area.
Try not to persecute an area as factual, without firstly judging yourself as a "prospector" in the true definition of the word.
I would be more than happy to see you grinning at the local of a good day out in Windeyer.
But if you walk into that pub, amongst the tourists and locals shouting your post...
The pub will go into silence...
The piano man stops playing...
And everyone is looking at you...
:lol:

forest dweller said:
I only spent a few days there. my lack of knowledge realy came to the fore.but like you I also injoyed my time there
Feel free to ask. You drive all that way.
More info the better.
True, the commons are small, and detecting might be tough.
But there is opportunities out there if you ask.
Even the publican has property up the road.
I'm guilty as well of saying similar....
I don't recommend Nu$%& for panning., good little. rubies but.
If your ever willing to get a bit of colour from panning out there, just ask...
Rather see you happy about Windeyer than negative!
Everyone is different is their expectations of yeild.
Me... if I get a gram a day for each person... I'm content... but NEVER cranky if I don't get it.
Laugh it off as dud day around the camp fire... pass the buck and pay out your mate for picking the spot! :lol:

SS
If you want to find gold head to Hill End for the weekend and go to the first crossing near the chimney at Tambaroora and you will get colour in very pan with the rain that they have had out there recently. Just ask in the pub or shop for dirtections if you cant find it.
Unfortunatly your GM will probably find the ground around there to noisy for any sucecess on floggers but it is still worth a try. Floggers is the area near the first crossing.
Hill End is where you want to go. Easy drive from Sydney and the town is full of friendly locals, well except 2 of them, and they will make you and your family very welcome in their town. Forget the other places.
If you would like to be shown how to pan for gold properly just ask in the pub for Johbs number and he will teach you for a very resonable fee.
I usually live there and would be happy to show you around but fourtunatley Im currently stuck in WA with the current border closures and have to fill in my days detecting over here..until the borders open

Good Luck where ever your go

Bob

Balmain Bob said:
SS
If you want to find gold head to Hill End for the weekend and go to the first crossing near the chimney at Tambaroora and you will get colour in very pan with the rain that they have had out there recently. Just ask in the pub or shop for dirtections if you cant find it.
Unfortunatly your GM will probably find the ground around there to noisy for any sucecess on floggers but it is still worth a try. Floggers is the area near the first crossing.
Hill End is where you want to go. Easy drive from Sydney and the town is full of friendly locals, well except 2 of them, and they will make you and your family very welcome in their town. Forget the other places.
If you would like to be shown how to pan for gold properly just ask in the pub for Johbs number and he will teach you for a very resonable fee.
I usually live there and would be happy to show you around but fourtunatley Im currently stuck in WA with the current border closures and have to fill in my days detecting over here..until the borders open

Good Luck where ever your go
Bob

Bob, stuck in WA? I can think of worse places to be stuck!
happy hunting & enjoy your time out here ;) :goldnugget:

Latest posts