gold hog pan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XIV

Kane
Reaction score
Just watched The HOG PAN - High Speed Gold Pan

Looks interesting
What do you guys think

Yep, but for areas that are pan only.
It may work

I've got a pyramid pro pan, and it gets through a lot of material. Very good for exploring or where there is not a lot of water available. I'd imagine this works in a similar way.

Reinventing something that already works for a commercial gain.

A pan, a classifier and rapid panning action for me, I would get through heaps more material.

Just my thoughts.

I like the idea, for areas with low ironstone it could be neat. I could use something like this where I'm panning because there is very little water. Would be good to see some reviews.

Doc is looking old...perhaps the big C? Oddly I prototyped something similar to this after using the pro pan for a while. Admittedly not the same but similar, and I see they encountered some of the design issues I also had to solve, but they are onto something. I couldnt find a material light enough so I modified mine to be inclusive in a tub, otherwise you find yourself craning as doc was in his demo. I used wings on my slots, and covered mesh over the opening. The grizzly is a terrible idea, you need mesh otherwise the broad flat stones get in, but flow from the bottom is excellent for clays. I'm glad I have dated video of my build its similar, but i went with stainless more rigid for less profile, and you only need to shake one end not both so its big enough to put two shovel fills in to process without the hard labor. I like it though, the pyramid was a great start this is just taking it a step further.

Watching the amount of material being processed from each bucket & the effort required would have many feeling worn out after half an hour .

Do like the fact they have used aluminium :)

I like the Idea of this pan have seen it a few times, don't know how much they are.

Hmm, I like the construction and size of it. Looks like it would hold a good couple of shovel fulls, would be interesting to give it a try.

XIV said:
Just watched The HOG PAN - High Speed Gold Pan

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/z_gx-TTMiH8[/video]

Looks interesting
What do you guys think

I been looking at it for a while and my opinion is it's a classifier and is a lot of work compared to other manual concentrating processes*. Fatigue would kick in early i reckon.

I recently bought a *Cresswell Mini Concentrator that I'm very happy with.
casper

I was under the impression they did the same thing, except the Gold Hog eliminates the need classifying material.

Both work down to concentrates that have to be panned off at the end correct?

Sorry mate you are correct...i was just stipulating that Gold hog is more hands on mechanical and the river sluice is sit back and feed.. ...depending on your sluice some classification is required however it can be done more efficient than the gold hog.

Latest posts